Which Dell refurbished touch screen laptop would you recommend?

Options
2»

Comments

• Bonhomie
    Bonhomie Posts: 271 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Thanks Cerebus, I had to google bloatware- I'd never heard of it. Would you recommend deleting and how would I do that please?
    I recommend that you ignore his flippant reply and defer to the people who actually sold you the thing.
    The likelihood is that it is a setting within the BIOS that is enabled when it does not need to be so. Legacy Boot attempt perhaps.
    So get on the the seller in so that they can instruct you.
  • cerebus
    cerebus Posts: 677 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Thanks Cerebus, I had to google bloatware- I'd never heard of it. Would you recommend deleting and how would I do that please?
    I would recommend deleting yes, just goto apps in settings find the offending program and uninstall it,  there are plenty of recovery options built into windows you do not need dell bloatware as well

Also type in start up in the search box and on any programs that start with windows click disabled that will speed up your windows loading too

What I normally do is download windows from the net and install that rather than using the one that came with the laptop , that way you get a clean install with no manufacturers bloatware which you simply do not need 

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback