Logo at top of pages fuzzy

Options
jvjack
jvjack Posts: 302 Forumite
First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
Hi . trivial but picture at top of all pages on site seems a bit fuzzy and gives Martin appearing to have a black eye.. Close up obviously not. Just eyebrow more highlighted. Could be my eyes i suppose as i have reading glasses. Picture of Martin saying MoneySavingExpert  chair Martin Lewis Editor Marcus Herbert at top. 

Comments

• Rodders53
    Rodders53 Posts: 2,180 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Only on the Forum - main site pic looks sharper.
    Been like it for ages I think. 
    Am I bovvered? No

It'll be a jpg or bmp resolution change issue.

• SnowMan
    SnowMan Posts: 3,365 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    edited 4 April at 11:16AM
    Options
    jvjack said:
    Hi . trivial but picture at top of all pages on site seems a bit fuzzy and gives Martin appearing to have a black eye.. Close up obviously not. Just eyebrow more highlighted. Could be my eyes i suppose as i have reading glasses. Picture of Martin saying MoneySavingExpert  chair Martin Lewis Editor Marcus Herbert at top. 

Nothing to do with your eyes. Yes, I get the same fuzziness on top of forum pages too (not on the main site). It's been like that for some time and it's really irritating and harsh on the eyes. I'm guessing this forum header will look slightly fuzzy to you (and me) and probably others using a large screen.

Compared to on the main site which isn't so fuzzy at least in terms of the wording.

I came, I saw, I melted
  • MSE_Stephen
    MSE_Stephen Posts: 415 Community Admin
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Savvy Shopper!
    Options
    SnowMan said:

Compared to on the main site which isn't so fuzzy at least in terms of the wording.

How interesting!

Both images are being served from the main site. Rather than Forum hosting its own logo.

So I assume 'fuzzy' was the original on main site and they've either upped their game, or maybe it was only intended for certain devices and Forum just used it everywhere.

When I have the chance I'll see what I can do about sharping up our image!
    Join the MSE Forum
    Get the Free MoneySavingExpert Money Tips E-mail
    To report inappropriate posts: click the report button
    Flag a news story:
    news@moneysavingexpert.com
  • jvjack
    jvjack Posts: 302 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    edited 8 April at 7:56PM
    Options
    Ah thanks all ,  not my eyesight.  Above pics are from main page heading logos.
    Looks like you can't cut and copy picture from forum logo at top, So here's screen capture.
    Edit. Just to say i know the fuzzy logo is at top of this and all other forum pages today. But it will no doubt be changed / sharpened up.
    So historians will have a copy of the fuzzy one.

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback