Streaming service only but how can I record tv?

Options
2»

Comments

• wongataa
    wongataa Posts: 2,635 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    km1500 said:
    you can't record Sky without a Sky box as it is encrypted

I have never had SKY TV, but our TV has a "record what you watch" facility that forces whatever is being shown on screen to the hard disc recorder (including the accompanying audio).  Obviously, can't watch one thing and record another that way.  Our TV does have a timer feature for this.  Does the SKY streaming have timer features?

Is that technically possible from SKY TV?

No.  The TV will only record from the tuner, not any other input.

• jbrassy
    jbrassy Posts: 679 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    You can't record it but Alibi is available to stream on Now TV

If that's the case, the OP could get the BT Youview box and subscribe to Now TV. Appreciate they would not be able to record Alibi, but they could at least watch it.
  • ididgetwhereiamtoday
    Options
    Sky stream allows you to record to the cloud if there is now catchup option on that channel. It does what it needs to automatically once you added the program you want to your planner. 
  • JSmithy45AD
    JSmithy45AD Posts: 422 Forumite
    Options
    Sky stream allows you to record to the cloud if there is now catchup option on that channel. It does what it needs to automatically once you added the program you want to your planner. 
    That is not true I'm afraid.
  • ididgetwhereiamtoday
    Options
    It is Im afraid. 
  • Kathy_1965
    Kathy_1965 Posts: 5 Newbie
    First Post
    Options
    Have you looked at sky signature as that comes with box to record for like £30 also can add broadband ( been advised sky broadband not the best ) for like £40 
  • wongataa
    wongataa Posts: 2,635 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    It is Im afraid. 

It basically just takes you direct to the catch up stream in the channel's catch up app which you could do by going via the channel's catch up app yourself.  It doesn't actually record anything.
  • ididgetwhereiamtoday
    Options
    wongataa said:
    It is Im afraid. 

It basically just takes you direct to the catch up stream in the channel's catch up app which you could do by going via the channel's catch up app yourself.  It doesn't actually record anything.
    On channels that don’t have catchup it will record to the cloud so that you can watch that program that you added to your playlist. 
    I know this because I have had Sky stream. 
  • wumph
    wumph Posts: 7 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I am quite new to Sky Stream and am still learning but have found that Sky background music (Witness for example) is quite off. Vocals are good but the background seems juddery. Anyone else noticed or is it just me.?
  • BeerSavesMoney
    BeerSavesMoney Posts: 200 Forumite
    Options
    applepad said:
    I’m with Virgin Media at the mo but having problems with the internet.
    So thinking of changing over to Sky, but SkyQ is too expensive, So can I have Sky streaming but buy a recording Device, Hard drive? To record programs- would I be able to set up series links like I can now?
    Perhaps I'm reading your question differently to others, but no, you can't record anything from a Sky Stream box (or Sky Glass). If you really need to record a Sky channel or Alibi for instance then you need Sky Q.
    Or the BT/EE TV Box Pro which I believe allows recording of Sky Channels (if you are subscribed).
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback