What’s the real truth

Options
My 2024 NWL water bill has gone up 11.8%. When I queried the increase with NWL, they told me that the rateable value part of the bill for water and sewerage had gone up by 8.8% only. When I questioned that this 8.8% increase doesn’t amount to the 11.8% increase they put me on hold. When they came back a few mins later they then said all parts of the bill went up by 8.8%. I reiterated to the person that 8.8% increase to all parts of the bill doesn’t equate to the 11.8% actual increase. The person then again put me on hold. 15 to 20 mins later the person returned to the call and promptly informed me that the bill across NWL area had gone up an average of 11.8% and that they had learned something today….ummm, what is the real truth. Am sure when bonuses are to be given out the fat cats are at the front of the queue. Has anybody out there had similar issues

Comments

• Rodders53
    Rodders53 Posts: 2,180 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    https://www.nwl.co.uk/tariffsandcharges has both 23-24 and 24-25 charges. 

So you work out the numbers accurately and let us know the result.

Get a water meter fitted if it will save you money?  Or onto the assessed charge if they can't fit one, if that will be less?
  • MattMattMattUK
    MattMattMattUK Posts: 8,746 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    johnc7960 said:
    My 2024 NWL water bill has gone up 11.8%. When I queried the increase with NWL, they told me that the rateable value part of the bill for water and sewerage had gone up by 8.8% only. When I questioned that this 8.8% increase doesn’t amount to the 11.8% increase they put me on hold. When they came back a few mins later they then said all parts of the bill went up by 8.8%. I reiterated to the person that 8.8% increase to all parts of the bill doesn’t equate to the 11.8% actual increase. The person then again put me on hold. 15 to 20 mins later the person returned to the call and promptly informed me that the bill across NWL area had gone up an average of 11.8% and that they had learned something today….ummm, what is the real truth. 
    Bills are rising one amount on average, but unless someone uses the exact average then their bills would rise by a different amount. Also rateable charges are increasing more than metered charges, which makes the average even less likely to be hit. 
    johnc7960 said:
    Am sure when bonuses are to be given out the fat cats are at the front of the queue. Has anybody out there had similar issues
    I am not sure what relevance that has, especially as costs and profits are regulated. 
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback