Section 75 claim for split consumer/business payment

Options
I bought a car which turned out to be a bit of a lemon and not as described on several counts.  I paid the deposit on my personal credit card and the balance by direct bank transfer from a business account; the car was to be owned by the business and I will use it as a company car with BIK payments due etc.

Given that the deposit was paid on my personal card, am I still covered by section 75 protection?  Or does the fact that the balance was paid from a business account nullify this?  Or indeed will section 75 be nullified because the log book is registered in the company name?

Comments

• born_again
    born_again Posts: 14,546 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    I think you are going to struggle give the V5 not in your name. 

All you can do is ask.

But what about the garage that sold it to you. They are the 1st port of call to get resolved.
    Life in the slow lane
  • DullGreyGuy
    DullGreyGuy Posts: 10,617 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    S75 will be broken if the company is listed as the buyer as the Creditor - Debtor - Supplier chain is broken by the introduction of the extra party so the other aspect is irrelevant. 
  • Grumpy_chap
    Grumpy_chap Posts: 14,933 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Options
    Washboy said:
    I bought a car which turned out to be a bit of a lemon and not as described on several counts.  I paid the deposit on my personal credit card and the balance by direct bank transfer from a business account; the car was to be owned by the business and I will use it as a company car with BIK payments due etc.

Given that the deposit was paid on my personal card, am I still covered by section 75 protection?  Or does the fact that the balance was paid from a business account nullify this?  Or indeed will section 75 be nullified because the log book is registered in the company name?
    Have you reverted to the Dealer to resolve the issues?

As a business purchase, Consumer Rights will not apply.  However, if you share more details about the car and the issues, people may be able to provide suggestions towards a resolution.

I assume a second hand car.  What due diligence did you do prior to purchasing?  HPI check or similar?
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback