Three upgrading me to more expensive new plan (without roaming)

Options
HyperSpace88
HyperSpace88 Posts: 25 Forumite
First Anniversary First Post
I have been with Three for years. They were always excellent value beating other providers.

I am on a SIM only deal. I have a 8GB Advanced unlimited minutes. This gives me personal hotspot and also roaming (including data) whilst abroad.

However, they are pushing me to a new contract, which is more expensive. It is a monthly contract. The new 12 month contract offer better value. However, I am loosing roaming, which was included in my contract. As I have to pay £3 or £5 per day to use roaming.

Even then roaming price is unfair as they charge per day. So if my flight lands at 10pm, you get charged for the whole day, even though, the service is provided for 2 hours. 

Comments

• savergrant
    savergrant Posts: 1,078 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    Simply say 'no thank you' to them.
    Your existing contract will roll over month by month unless they issue you with a notice of variation or termination. They might be happier if you chose to accept new terms and conditions but you would be better off staying on the deal you are on.
    You could tell them you are not looking to commit for another twelve months and that you are looking around for a deal which includes free roaming. If they think you have looked at other providers they might come back with a more attractive offer.
  • oldernonethewiser
    oldernonethewiser Posts: 1,776 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Options
    Are they forcing a change or is your post title misleading in that they are offering/encouraging a change?

As above if you are happy with what you currently have then decline their offer but if they are forcing a change then look elsewhere and hopefully you won't lose any benefits you currently have.
    Things that are differerent: draw & drawer, brought & bought, loose & lose, dose & does, payed & paid

• sdduk
    sdduk Posts: 1,419 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    edited 1 April at 5:12PM
    Options
    OP If they are forcing you to move then there's nothing you can do because all they will do is put you on the new tariff which has you say will be more money.
    if the signal is ok just move to Smarty which is owed by three and you get roaming with it have a look at the link below you can get 50gb Data unlimited calls/text and 12gb roaming for £8mth 1mth contract so if you don't like it you can move more or less straight away....Good luck
    https://smarty.co.uk/all-plans
    Nobody is Perfect. I am Nobody, therefore I am Perfect.
    :)
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure