Olive Oil Offers

Options
MrsStepford
MrsStepford Posts: 1,603 Forumite
First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
edited 15 April at 11:50AM in Food shopping & groceries
It seems like I only have to blink and the price of Olive Oil has gone up again.
So I thought I'd list all the Olive Oil Offers that I could find. 

Carapelli Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil 500ml was £9 now 8.50 to 15/04/24 Sainsbury's
Filippo Berio Il Rustico Unfiltered Extra Virgin Olive Oil 1L was 13.80 now 11.99 to 09/04/24 Morrisons
Filippo Berio Classico Olive Oil 1L was 13.50 now 11.50, ASDA
Filippo Berio Extra Virgin Olive Oil 500ml was 8.60 now 6.50 to 16/04/24 Sainsbury's
Filippo Berio Extra Virgin Olive Oil 500ml was 8.60 now 6.49 to 09/04/24 Morrisons
Filippo Berio Extra Virgin Olive Oil 500ml was 8.55 now 6.50 to 16/04/24 Ocado
Filippo Berio Extra Virgin Olive Oil 500ml RRP 8.60, 5.99 B&M
Filippo Berio Extra Virgin Olive Oil 1L was 13.50 now 11.50, ASDA
Filippo Berio Extra Virgin Olive Oil 3L tin was 42.50 now £36 to 16/04/24 Ocado
Filippo Berio Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil 500ml was £9 now £7, ASDA
Filippo Berio Olive Oil 500ml was 8.60 now 6.50 to 16/04/24 Sainsbury's
Filippo Berio Olive Oil 500ml was 8.60 now 6.49 to 09/04/24 Morrisons
Filippo Berio Mild & Light Olive Oil 500ml was 8.60 now 6.50 to 16/04/24 Sainsbury's
Filippo Berio Mild & Light Olive Oil 500ml was 8.60 now 6.49 to 09/04/24 Morrisons
Oro Bailen Hojiblanca Extra Virgin Olive Oil 500ml was £21 now 17.85 to 16/04/24 Ocado
Odysea Greek Extra Virgin Olive Oil 500ml was 8.60 now 7.75 to 16/04/24 Sainsbury's
GAEA Extra Virgin Kalamata Olive Oil 500ml was £9 now 7.20 to 02/04/24 Waitrose
Terra Delyssa Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil 500ml was 8.65 now 6.75 to 09/04/24 Morrisons
Terra Delyssa Extra Virgin Olive Oil 500ml was 7.95 now 6.25 to 09/04/24 Morrisons
Belazu Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil  500ml was £22 now 17.60 to 16/04/24 Ocado
Belazu Early Harvest Extra Virgin Olive Oil 1L tin was 24.50 now 19.60 to 16/04/24 Ocado
Il Casolare Organic Unfiltered Extra Virgin Olive Oil 750ml was 13.50 now 11.50 to 16/04/24, Ocado
La Espanola Extra Virgin Olive Oil 1L was 13.50 now 10.80 20% off to 02/04/24 Waitrose
La Espanola Extra Virgin Olive Oil 1L 10.50, Price Lock, Ocado
La Espanola Extra Virgin Olive Oil 750ml was 12.90 now 10.90, Ocado
Waitrose Essential Olive Oil 1L 7.50 500ml 5.50
Specially Selected Terra Di Bari Castel Del Monte Extra Virgin Olive Oil 500ml 4.59, Aldi
Solesta Extra Virgin Olive Oil 1L 6.29, Aldi
Solesta Light Colour Olive Oil 1L 6.09, Aldi
Solesta Light Olive Oil 1L 6.09, Aldi
Solesta Olive Oil 1L 6.09, Aldi
KTC Olive Pomace  Oil 5L was 17.50 now 15.75 to 10/04/24 Tesco
KTC Blended Olive Pomace Oil 5L was 16.75 now £15 to 10/04/24 Tesco

Hope this helps ! 

Comments

• Brie
    Brie Posts: 10,036 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    It's great when you can actually compare the prices.  Was in Tescos a few years back and they had those "helpful" labels on the shelves telling you how much things were per ml. Except that some were how much per gram. So I asked a staff member how was I supposed to tell which was the best buy.  They seemed to think that it was a small bottle costing £5 was better than one twice the size for £8.  When I pointed out the confusion on the labels with ml & grams they looked at me completely blankly.  Oh the youth of today!!!
    "Never retract, never explain, never apologise; get things done and let them howl.”
  • MrsStepford
    Options
    In the days when we ate mountains of pasta because we were poor, I used to pore over those shelf labels and sometime it was cheaper to buy multiple smaller bags ! 

What I was perturbed by was the pricing of some of Filippo Berio's oils. Extra Virgin, Mild & Light, Light Colour are all the same RRP for 500ml. 
  • sarah1972
    sarah1972 Posts: 18,898 Senior Ambassador
    Homepage Hero Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    edited 30 March at 4:51AM
    Options
    I agree, most definitely gone up in price! My usual is now £68 for 5 litres. 

I stopped using Philipo Berio when I found out that it comes from different countries and the bottles and tins actually admit and say refined oil with extra virgin. 

I use less now than I used to as I cook in rapeseed oil also which I never used to.
    I’m a Senior Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Competitions Time, Shopping & Freebies boards, Employment, Jobseeking & Training boards If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • Clowance
    Clowance Posts: 1,843 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Couldn't see any LIDL price but otherwise very helpful. I prefer Greek olive oil as a greekophile but otherwise Italian. Otherwise cook with "vegetable" oil which is 100% rapeseed and doesnt have a flavour.
  • sarah1972
    edited 30 March at 8:56AM
    Options
    Clowance said:
    Couldn't see any LIDL price but otherwise very helpful. I prefer Greek olive oil as a greekophile but otherwise Italian. Otherwise cook with "vegetable" oil which is 100% rapeseed and doesnt have a flavour.
    I only buy greek too and I agree, cook with rapeseed x
    I’m a Senior Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Competitions Time, Shopping & Freebies boards, Employment, Jobseeking & Training boards If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • MrsStepford
    Options
    Nina Teicholz is the author of The Big Fat Surprise. She talks about the processing of industrial seed oils and her book and YouTube videos were eye-openers to me. I wouldn't cook with the stuff. If I want a neutral oil I use avocado. 

In many countries rapeseed is known as Canola as the Canadians discovered a way to make rapeseed non-toxic to humans, back in the 1950s. 

I couldn't find any prices for Lidl olive oil online. 

• PLRFD
    PLRFD Posts: 1,126 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Lidl have a large botttle of oil it just says frying oil.
  • sarah1972
    Options
    PLRFD said:
    rapeseed oil anti foaming agent dimethly polysiloxane
  • PLRFD
    PLRFD Posts: 1,126 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    sarah1972 said:
    PLRFD said:
    Sounds yummy 😳
  • Mnoee
    Mnoee Posts: 818 Forumite
    Photogenic Homepage Hero First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    PLRFD said:
    sarah1972 said:
    PLRFD said:
    Sounds yummy 😳
    I think people are just scared of sciencey words. I'm sitting here waiting for my partner to whip me up a drink that's high in chlorogenic acid, which is a phytochemical. Terrifying. Well, me before a coffee certainly is.

I tend to buy own brand olive oil, as its cheaper than the big names even when they're on offer. I don't use it for cooking often due to the low smoke point, but as an ingredient to go in things or on things. Quite happy using sunflower oil for frying etc, I prefer it to rapeseed. 
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback