Oak North Bank ISA account set up problems

Options
kiloton
kiloton Posts: 20 Forumite
First Post Name Dropper
edited 8 April at 9:49AM in ISAs & tax-free savings
Hi all. I wanted to set up an ISA with Oak North and transfer ISA. I downloaded app and got to a stage where it said that I had to go to website to set up ISA. I went to the website, but there is no way to register for one. There is simply a 'register for online banking' where you need an account number of which would be set up already in the bank. Am I missing something? Anyone else tried this?

Do I need to set up a current account, then register for online banking, then get access to set up and transfer ISA.

Thank you. I am usually pretty tech savvy when it comes to these things, but this has me stumped  :)

Comments

• Hoenir
    Hoenir Posts: 2,108 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper
    Options
  • JGB1955
    JGB1955 Posts: 3,484 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Did you get to Retail Journey - OakNorth Bank plc ?  I haven't gone beyond that page but it seems the likely route....
    #2 Saving for Christmas 2024 - £1 a day challenge. £131 of £366
  • kiloton
    First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    @Hoenir Perfect. That's the one
  • kiloton
    First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    I did get to that page but there was no option to set up ISA. These were the only options. Am I missing something?

Fixed Term Deposit Account
    Notice Account
    Easy Access Account
    Easy Access Limited Edition Account

• eskbanker
    eskbanker Posts: 31,076 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    kiloton said:
    I did get to that page but there was no option to set up ISA. These were the only options. Am I missing something?

Fixed Term Deposit Account
    Notice Account
    Easy Access Account
    Easy Access Limited Edition Account
    Try again tomorrow or next week, or elsewhere if you want to beat tonight's deadline?
    ISA applications for the 2023/24 tax year are now closed. If you’re looking to top up an existing ISA, electronic payments must reach your account by 6pm on Friday 5th April, and cheque payments by Thursday 4th April. Any money received after the cut-off will be put towards your 2024/25 ISA allowance. We will re-open applications in the new tax year.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback