Chip ISA problem

Options
Tempted by the Chip cash Isa offer, I downloaded the app, but have found it impossible to prove my identity. It suggests my driving licence (though spells licence incorrectly) but when I try to use this option, my android phone says the app has a bug in it and Chip need to sort it. I've tried messaging them to try to get things moving but have received no reply. If this is the way the relationship starts, will it be any better later on? Sigh... can anyone suggest a decent-value cash isa where the service isn't ropey, please?

Comments

• roked
    roked Posts: 59 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I opened a chip isa account yesterday and also had an issue with identity, though it was hanging on it rather than asking for more ID. I sent them a message and a couple of hours later it started working. 

Either way, I can recommend moneybox too, its very easy to use and see your account etc. The only thing is that withdrawals are not instant if that is what you are after. 
  • PapaBrown
    PapaBrown Posts: 7 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I’ve used Chip for various things over the years. Their customer service can take a while to get back to you but once they do it’s usually pretty decent and they are very helpful. Once it’s up and running, it’s decent to use.
  • Shortlands_Shopper
    Options
    I opened a Chip ISA account on back of last weeks newsletter, it’s impossible to transfer money in as every time it connects to open banking and diverts you back to Chip app to log in it says it didn’t connect. First Direct said it did and it’s approved ( I saw green tick) I even had an email from Chip saying it did, but the accounts are not sync. 

Their customer service is poor from my experience as they don’t reply to emails. I tried to delete the account via profile and even that seems impossible! I’m unsure if I am alone with this experience with Chip but I could not vouch for them. Wit( the easy access ISA you want to be able to transfer in the 28 day window ( which is now 23 days left for me) and get your money moved to your bank account when you need it, this seems unlikely it will happen.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback