IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

DCB Legal / ParkingEye County Court Judgement

Options
Hi There 

My Mrs was pregnant and couple of weeks before delivery date (october 2020) , she was in a lot of pain. So i took her to Maternity Unit of Hosp for a quick check. Visitors parking was full so i parked the car in the staff parking right next to maternity unit just to make it to maternity unit as soon as we can. Plan was to come back and find a parking some where in visitor car park. It took me 39 minutes to come back and move my car to visitor car park and because of that i was sent a parking fine. I kept ignoring the fines and Parking eye eventually passed my details to DCB legal. DCB legal sent me few letters but again I ignored those. 2 days ago, i received this letter in a brown envelop asking me to Pay 283 pounds. Is it an obligation to pay this fine at this stage or can i still dispute this and write my circumstances ? What's the process to initiate a dispute ? Any forms i need to complete ? Also i spoke to DCB this morning and they told me that i can't dispute it any more as they have the right to pass my details to one of their sister company who can proceed with sending the Bailiffs to my house. Sorry i am really worried. Any help would be really appreciated.

Comments

• BoltonLad1234
    Options
    Hi @KeithP Any help with this please mate, going by some of the responses, looks like you are best person for any help on this. Thanks in advance please
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,826 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    You ignored a court claim last month?
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • BoltonLad1234
    Options
    You ignored a court claim last month?
    Hi mate, many thanks for getting in touch. No, i don't i think ignored any court claims. DCB have been sending my reminders/letters, i simply ignored those. This is the first letter of this type ( having court claim written on it) i received
  • Coupon-mad
    edited 28 March at 2:22PM
    Options
    Dig out the last letter before this. The one that looks like this (with pages of enclosures).  Probably dated late February:

• BoltonLad1234
    Options
    Dig out the last letter before this. The one that looks like this (with pages of enclosures).  Probably dated late February:

No worries mate, i will look for that. In worst case scenario, if i couldn't find this latter. What are available options ?
  • Coupon-mad
    edited 28 March at 2:44PM
    Options
    None. For unexplained reasons, you ignored a court claim last month so you must pay in full immediately to avoid a CCJ.

I'm a lady by the way!

:) 
  • BoltonLad1234
    Options
    None. For unexplained reasons, you ignored a court claim last month so you must pay in full immediately to avoid a CCJ.

I'm a lady by the way!

:) 
    Apologies dear lady. Thanks for correcting me. If i manage to find the letter, what will be next steps ? Can i still dispute this claim or it's too late now ?
  • Coupon-mad
    Options
    Too late - sorry.  You'd have paid nothing had you come here when you got the claim form.
  • Le_Kirk
    Le_Kirk Posts: 22,322 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    Options
    Is the address on the judgment letter your actual address, the same as on your  V5C and all the letters you have been ignoring?  If so,  as @Coupon-mad writes,  you have to pay (before the  judge's deadline runs out) as you have lost the best reason for setting it aside - not served to correct address.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback