Shall I upgrade my BT BB to EE?

Options
Contract due to expire next Monday, keep getting me email asking me to upgrade to BT EE and the price seems more expensive. Can I just stay with BTand not upgrade to EE? Also considering to go with Vodafone. Any recommendations pl for cheap BB essential? Thanks

Comments

• 400ixl
    400ixl Posts: 2,806 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    If the price of BT does not go up when your minimum term ends (you are not out of contract, it doesn't expire, it goes onto a rolling monthly contract at the non discounted rate) then it could be worth staying on that, but that seems unlikely.

Look at the comparison sites for alternative prices. Then also look at the yearly customer satisfaction reviews.

Personally you could not pay me to join some of the ISP's like Vodafone, Shell, TalkTalk who all have really poor customer service reputations.

There are however plenty of good ISP's out there as well.
  • HaroldWhistler
    HaroldWhistler Posts: 96 Forumite
    Options
    cherry76 said:
    Contract due to expire next Monday, keep getting me email asking me to upgrade to BT EE and the price seems more expensive. Can I just stay with BTand not upgrade to EE? Also considering to go with Vodafone. Any recommendations pl for cheap BB essential? Thanks

Yes, you can stay with BT on a rolling contract (the price might increase once your current contract ends), or move to someone else, or sign up for another different contract with BT itself rather than go to EE. 
  • Supatramp
    Supatramp Posts: 693 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    cherry76 said:

Yes, you can stay with BT on a rolling contract (the price might increase once your current contract ends), or move to someone else, or sign up for another different contract with BT itself rather than go to EE. 

If taking out a new contract, you'll be switched to EE.  BT is now for businesses.
    David.
  • Penguin_
    Penguin_ Posts: 1,225 Forumite
    Options
    Please don't go to Vodafone, they are awful & blame cabinet issues when it's actually their own issues. 
  • iniltous
    iniltous Posts: 3,098 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    As stated BT are ‘encouraging’ their residential customers to move to ‘New EE’ as that’s the BT group consumer brand , BT eventually being business …., if your minimum term is ending , give them a call it is possible to remain with BT , but you may pay a premium over EE if you chose to do so 
  • Rob5342
    Rob5342 Posts: 1,484 Forumite
    Options
    400ixl said:
    Personally you could not pay me to join some of the ISP's like Vodafone, Shell, TalkTalk who all have really poor customer service reputations.
    I've been with Plusnet, TalkTalk and Now and they have all been fine. Everything Everywhere have always been too expensive when I've looked.
  • bristolleedsfan
    bristolleedsfan Posts: 12,094 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    edited 4 April at 5:48PM
    Options
    Supatramp said:
    cherry76 said:

If taking out a new contract, you'll be switched to EE.  BT is now for businesses.
    "BT is now for businesses" 

If that is correct begs the Q why are BT offering residential Full Fibre tariffs via its website exactly the same prices as EE website for new residential customers.
  • borderline
    borderline Posts: 347 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Supatramp said:
    cherry76 said:

If that is correct begs the Q why are BT offering residential Full Fibre tariffs via its website exactly the same prices as EE website for new residential customers.
    Exactly. My contract ends at the end of the month , I've been offered to renew with BT again, I can do so online , just click renew but I'm going to call retentions to see if they can give me something cheaper , otherwise I'll go to Sky which is about 10 quid cheaper a month of what a pay 
  • iniltous
    iniltous Posts: 3,098 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    edited 5 April at 7:41AM
    Options
    Supatramp said:
    cherry76 said:

The aim is for the BT to become the business brand , and EE to be the consumer offer , with Plusnet not really mentioned but if it remains, presumably the budget brand , it’s evolution rather than revolution, so BT are encouraging residential customers to move to EE , not forcing them , hence BT are still offering consumer products it would be stupid to simply stop doing that 
    https://newsroom.bt.com/consumer-sharpening-our-focus-to-create-a-better-business/
  • bristolleedsfan
    bristolleedsfan Posts: 12,094 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    edited 5 April at 8:31AM
    Options
    Supatramp said:
    cherry76 said:

Exactly. My contract ends at the end of the month , I've been offered to renew with BT again, I can do so online , just click renew but I'm going to call retentions to see if they can give me something cheaper , otherwise I'll go to Sky which is about 10 quid cheaper a month of what a pay 
    Leading up to my Fibre 1 middle of March renewal I was not offered EE deal. ( cheapest BT renewal offers were by phone)

Within 2 days of having Full Fibre (100) installed I noticed yesterday evening account offers now offering EE Fibre 500 for £4 a month more than currently paying + £75 BT reward card, higher speed no benefit to me hopefully next renewal will get offered enticing renewal to move to EE.

If you do switch might be worth looking at Now Broadband powered by Sky, Full Fibre 100 - £25 a month + £94.50 ish cashback via TCB/Quidco. ( 18 month contract) or non Full Fibre cashback linked offer)
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback