Skipton Fixed Rate ISA

Options
Given the talk around BoE rates coming down in the near future I am considering Skipton BS 18month fixed  ISA for both new money and transfer from existing Santander ISA which is due to mature. Any thoughts from the more financially savvy than me. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks 

Comments

• subjecttocontract
    subjecttocontract Posts: 1,901 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Just had a look at it and at 4.75% it's the best available, seems like a good punt. I normally stick with 1 year ISA fixes, but I'm thinking I'd like to go with this myself. I've got until May 1st before mine matures so it may not be around that long.
  • Ms_Chocaholic
    Ms_Chocaholic Posts: 12,596 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Does anyone know can I open it now and transfer in this year's ISA allowance and then add more to it come the next finacial year.
    Thrifty Till 50 Then Spend Till the End
    You can please some of the people some of the time, all of the people some of the time, some of the people all of the time but you can never please all of the people all of the time
  • Descrabled
    Descrabled Posts: 433 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I believe you can add this year's ISA provided you haven't funded any other cash ISA this financial year. You have until 12 April to fund it for 24/25 year.
    I'm probably going to use Skipton 30 month fixed rate as I have lots of ISAs maturing in the next 12 months.
  • ColdIron
    ColdIron Posts: 9,058 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    edited 27 March at 9:48PM
    Options
    Does anyone know can I open it now and transfer in this year's ISA allowance and then add more to it come the next finacial year.
    The Skipton website is a great resource for Skipton products
    • Any payments or ISA transfer requests into this account need to be received on or before 12/04/2024. After this, the account will be closed to payments in. If you’re paying in from another ISA by ISA transfer, the money in the existing ISA must be available for transfer before this date.
    There are other features you should read about such as withdrawal penalties and
    • The minimum opening and operating balance for this account is £5,000.
  • stooklie
    stooklie Posts: 30 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Thanks to all for your comments. Your opinion is much appreciated.
  • Cloth_of_Gold
    Cloth_of_Gold Posts: 877 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Options
    Why does the Skipton 30 month FR ISA pay a higher rate (4.5%) than the 2 year one (4.0%)? Normally the longer the term the lower the rate of interest. Am I missing something? The only difference I can see is that the minimum investment for the 30 month one is £5K whereas for the 2 year one it is £500.

• gravel_2
    gravel_2 Posts: 136 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Perhaps you could ask Skipton if it's bothering you?
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback