Insurance companies now want to go through EVERYTHING by AGAIN phone after purchasing to "Validate"?

Options
This is just ridiculous.
I went through Quidco Compare Van Insurance, which then went through VanInsurance.co.uk to be insured by Aviva.
Upon entering all my details and making a one time annual payment I was then presented with an online promt that stated I had to phone 0330 041 9361 to confirm everything I had input over the phone AGAIN as "Your policy requires validation over the phone".

I was then phoned about an hour later by them stating it would "Only take about 10 minutes" and that this was "Common place" now with insurance companies.

I told them that this was not a convenient time, nor would it ever be a convenient time as I've already input all of my details and had I wished to have done it over the phone to start with then I wouldn't have done it online.

Has anyone else experienced this? I do car, van and household insurance every year and have never come across THIS in my life before.

- After purchasing I also had to enter my and my additional drivers driver license number (Not an issue but I had already added it prior) and bizarrely both of our National Insurance numbers (I've never had to do this before)

Comments

• Morph4610
    Morph4610 Posts: 177 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I wouldn't say it was the norm coffee king but certainly some brokers may insist on it. I agree it's frustrating but unfortunately more and more people are manipulating their data so they want to make sure everything is 100% correct    
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback