We've changed the name of this board from 'Greenfingered MoneySaving' to simply 'Gardening'. This is to help make it easier to find for the horticulturally inclined. The URL remains unchanged for the time being, so all links to the board are unaffected.

Easter Weekend is approaching ... any plans for the garden?

Options
The weather forecast for this coming Easter Weekend, it will be sunny and lovely in our area. Since the rains, winds and colder temperatures have been frequent, gardening was at the back burner.

Recently, we had five days of fantastic sunny weather. Have done a lot in the garden like pruning dried stems of flowers as deferred tasks, completed the pruning of our RoseGarden! Having said that, there are still works to be done there ... :wink:

Will continue to do more gardening on Friday and Saturday before the festive Easter Lunch :smiley:

Looking forward to your replies :smile:
"My gardening illustrates my artistic passion with plants" - GreenBucket24

Comments

• KajiKita
    KajiKita Posts: 3,722 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    Well, I have lots I would like to do but it keeps raining so the garden is something of a quagmire! 🙄
    Seed sowing it is then … 😊

KK
    As at 17.03.24:
    - When bought house £315,995 mortgage debt and end date at start = October 2039 <gulp>, now £255,571, end date brought closer by 2 months  
    - OPs to mortgage = £5,965, Interest saved £2,124, to date
    - LTV 51% @ccord, 51% Yopa
    Fixed rate 2.17% ends October 2024

Read 13 books of target 52 in 2024 (as @ 9th April)
    Produce tracker: £22.24 of £300

Watch your thoughts, they become your words. Watch your words, they become your actions. Watch your actions, they become your reality. 
  • Cheslea2010
    Cheslea2010 Posts: 24 Forumite
    First Post
    Options
    Unfortunately the forecast here isn't too great. Going to resist the temptation to plant anything new as I still think we could get a frost or two.
  • Farway
    Farway Posts: 13,234 Forumite
    Homepage Hero First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    edited 27 March at 11:07AM
    Options
    Weather forecast not great, so pottering & maybe sowing some seed trays is about it
    If weather holds of I hope to get up to the Volunteer patch & to prune & feed the Hot Lips salvias
    Eight out of ten owners who expressed a preference said their cats preferred other peoples gardens
  • GreenBucket24
    GreenBucket24 Posts: 45 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    KajiKita said:
    Well, I have lots I would like to do but it keeps raining so the garden is something of a quagmire! 🙄
    Seed sowing it is then … 😊

KK
    @KajiKita, the whole morning, it was raining heavily. It stopped now, and the birds are having a great time in their sanctuary  :D
  • GreenBucket24
    Options
    Unfortunately the forecast here isn't too great. Going to resist the temptation to plant anything new as I still think we could get a frost or two.
    @Cheslea2010, frost was coming and going here too, and we are anticipating some snow in early April after the Easter :/ by then the Spring weather will be here  :D
  • GreenBucket24
    Options
    Farway said:
    Weather forecast not great, so pottering & maybe sowing some seed trays is about it
    If weather holds of I hope to get up to the Volunteer patch & to prune & feed the Hot Lips salvias
    @Farway, like your signature
    "Eight out of ten owners who expressed a preference said their cats preferred other peoples gardens" - am not surprised as cats love visiting and enjoy playing in our garden everyday, except Winter days.
  • Slinky
    Slinky Posts: 9,992 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I'd like to get some paint on the fences, but it's never staying dry enough long enough for them to dry out properly, and for the stain not to get washed off. If we don't get a dry spell before too long, it'll be too late to do it this year with all the stuff that grows up in front of the fences.
    Make £2024 in 2024
    Prolific to 29/2/24 £184.97, Chase Interest £11.88, Chase roundup interest £0.18, Chase CB £16.96, Roadkill £1.10, Octopus referral reward £50, Octopoints £6.30 to 31/1/24, Topcashback £4.64, Shopmium £3
    Total £279.03/£2024  13.8%

Make £2023 in 2023
    Water sewerage refund: £170.62,Topcashback: £243.47, Prolific: to 31/12/23 £975, Haggling: £45, Wombling(Roadkill): £6.04,  Chase CB £149.34, Chase roundup interest £1.35, WeBuyBooks:£8.37, Misc sales: £406.59, Delay repay £22, Amazon refund £3.41, EDF Smart Meter incentive £100, Santander Edge Cashback-Fees: £25.14, Octopus Reward £50, Bank transfer incentives £400
    Total: £2606.33/£2023  128.8%

• GreenBucket24
    Options
    Slinky said:
    I'd like to get some paint on the fences, but it's never staying dry enough long enough for them to dry out properly, and for the stain not to get washed off. If we don't get a dry spell before too long, it'll be too late to do it this year with all the stuff that grows up in front of the fences.
    @Slinky, we are also trying to take advantage of the nice weather when available to maintain our fence. We are power-washing then re-stain them instead of painting. Yes, plants are beginning to grow and to do later will be a mess to the landscape  :smile:
  • -taff
    -taff Posts: 14,511 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    @GreenBucket24 are you in the US by any chance? We've got rubbish weather forecast where I am too, rain rian and a little bit more rain. so no gardening planned at all. I might wander round the garden to look at things I can change or tidy up [ and my pots are getting out of control, not that there's anything in most of them, just that I seem to be aquiring them willy nilly. We are building another Goth Box [ open sided shelter that can have closed sides] though so maybe we'll do some designing of that and I need a brush up on rocket stoves too.
    I've potted on my big stuff now so I'm waiting for the little stuff to get bigger, there are some more heuchera to do, a creeping thyme I want in a pot hanging artistically over the edge, and some oregano, and there's a pot of horseradish to find a permanent home which will involve moving my compost bins.
    Shampoo? No thanks, I'll have real poo...
  • KajiKita
    KajiKita Posts: 3,722 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    I did manage to get an hour out there today. Have cleared the dead stuff around the pond so can start hacking out the roots of the Persicaria that is trying to take over The World! 😉

KK
    As at 17.03.24:
    - When bought house £315,995 mortgage debt and end date at start = October 2039 <gulp>, now £255,571, end date brought closer by 2 months  
    - OPs to mortgage = £5,965, Interest saved £2,124, to date
    - LTV 51% @ccord, 51% Yopa
    Fixed rate 2.17% ends October 2024

Read 13 books of target 52 in 2024 (as @ 9th April)
    Produce tracker: £22.24 of £300

Watch your thoughts, they become your words. Watch your words, they become your actions. Watch your actions, they become your reality. 
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback