Car finance claim

Options
I made car finance claim and my finance company was in your tool so the email was sent direct from the claim tool. I have not received even an auto acknowledgement. My finance company (toyota) are not on the recent list of companies with their expected response timescales. Anyone know why they are not on the response timescale list? Thanks

Comments

• Sheri75
    Sheri75 Posts: 5 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    No responses required, I received response yesterday (basic response acknowledging claim and informing me a further 28 day timescale), its taken 6-7 weeks just to receive that
  • DullGreyGuy
    DullGreyGuy Posts: 10,464 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    Yep, this site is trying to whip up the masses into a blood frenzy sending thousands of the silly stock letter a day when the FCA has put all complaints on hold until at least the end of September. Companies weren't prepared for the onslaught and dont want to invest heavily in new processes/systems whilst the FCA is still deciding what it thinks companies should be doing. 

Just waiting for the complaints when companies start charging more to recover these unnecessary letters this site is causing. 
  • dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,389 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Sheri75 said:
    No responses required, I received response yesterday (basic response acknowledging claim and informing me a further 28 day timescale), its taken 6-7 weeks just to receive that
    You will not hear anyting in 28 days.    The FCA has suspended complaints until after September.  Everything is on hold.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback