Consumer Rights with a Faulty TV

Options
I purchased a TV from a big online retailer and noticed that it kept crashing when opening apps and the network kept disconnecting from it. I raised this to the retailer just after 30 days of the purchase and they advised I would have contact the manufacturer to arrange repair as it is no longer their problem.

Long story short, I have undergone 3 home repairs and the TV is still not working. I have requested a refund or replacement on the TV from the retailer and they insist I must continue having repairs on the TV as the manufacturer will not issue an "uplift" number. 

Where do I stand here? I have written to them stating I would like a refund or even reluctantly a replacement and they refuse my requests. I have even explained this is under my consumer rights and not the device warranty.

Consumer rights state:

2)If the consumer requires the trader to repair or replace the goods, the trader must—

(a)do so within a reasonable time and without significant inconvenience to the consumer

Surely 4 home repairs is significant inconvenience to me at this rate?

I also paid on my credit card through PayPal. What are the chances of a C75 claim being successful?

Comments

• DullGreyGuy
    DullGreyGuy Posts: 10,458 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    After the first attempt you have the right to reject the goods if it still is faulty/breaks again

Were you logged into PayPal when you paid? If you were S75 will most likely fail
  • Okell
    Okell Posts: 834 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper
    edited 27 March at 12:40PM
    Options
    Point out to the retailer that under s 24(5)(a) of the Consumer Rights Act 2015 (legislation.gov.uk) you are entitled to reject the goods for a full refund if the goods are still faulty after either one repair or one replacement*.

If you have pointed that out to them and they still fail to comply, then if you paid by credit card or debit card you need to go down the s75 or chargeback route.  If you paid by some other means you may have to sue them.

[Edit: just realised you paid by PayPal.  might invalidate a s75 claim - dunno about chargeback]

* You get a full refund if you reject the goods within 6 months of taking possession of them.  After 6 months it becomes a little more complicated.  Unfortunately you didn't see fit to tell us when you took delivery of the TV...
  • born_again
    born_again Posts: 14,465 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Pay Pal have their own dispute process. 
    Life in the slow lane
  • m0bov
    m0bov Posts: 2,524 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Send an LBA and then SCC them.
Meet your Ambassadors