Disney plus and nearly doubling of charge without my knowledge or consent

Options
Beware  Disney plus- if you have kids or grandkids or just signed up for Willow
beware the action of Disney.

My previous annual fee for TV was £59.99

I checked today they billed me £109 for their premium version .

I never asked for it, they said they advertised oil Disney plus TV,

I never saw it, they said they emailed me before first November last year. I cant find it and don't recall it

Please check your bank as £50 extra just taken without your knowledge or consent can be difficult at any time, but over easter could leave you short, get on their Disney plus site , go on chat demand a refund.

I've been promised one, but will take several days. the chat worker was helpful so one positive in this

Good luck and. best wishes Anthony

Comments

• marcia_
    marcia_ Posts: 1,851 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    edited 26 March at 5:36PM
    Options
     Yup this caught me out the other day seeing £109 on my phone. 

I vaguely remember seeing something about it on here but did nothing. So my own fault 
  • Neil_Jones
    Neil_Jones Posts: 8,914 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Beware  Disney plus- if you have kids or grandkids or just signed up for Willow
    beware the action of Disney.

My previous annual fee for TV was £59.99

I checked today they billed me £109 for their premium version .

I never asked for it, they said they advertised oil Disney plus TV,

I never saw it, they said they emailed me before first November last year. I cant find it and don't recall it

Please check your bank as £50 extra just taken without your knowledge or consent can be difficult at any time, but over easter could leave you short, get on their Disney plus site , go on chat demand a refund.

I've been promised one, but will take several days. the chat worker was helpful so one positive in this

An email was sent and I had it on February 18.
    Your date may vary.

Also it was documented here and no doubt elsewhere back in August last year, and it included the fact all Disney+ customers would be moved to the £10.99/£109 option unless you intervene::

Hardly "without your knowledge".

Also I don't know what how you're paying £59.99, as that was scrapped in 2021 when it increased to £7.99/£79.90 and it was replaced with the ad supported option that you only pay monthly for, which works out to £59.88 a year.
  • marcia_
    marcia_ Posts: 1,851 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    Options
     Thank you very much. 
    I thought this was probably my fault for not paying attention but phoned them on your advice. They cancelled my subscription and gave me a refund ( in 3-5 days) and I was told to re subscribe to the package I want. Which I did. 
  • 400ixl
    400ixl Posts: 2,806 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Nothing hidden about it. They emailed all subscribers to tell them about the changes.

Anyone taking up an annual subscription should be aware that it will auto-renew unless cancelled and the rate it will renewal will be the charge at that time. You consented to this when you subscribed.

You can't blame other people for your lack of attention to your renewals of subscription services.

It is good that they are allowing people to cancel the renewal and get a good refund.

This should be in the rants section as Disney+ have done nothing other than what you agreed for them to do.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback