Moneybox Cash ISA rate increase!

Options
Blackbriar_040
Blackbriar_040 Posts: 45 Forumite
First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
edited 26 March at 4:17PM in ISAs & tax-free savings
Just got a email from Moneybox stating the underlaying rate of my Easy Access Cash ISA
is increasing from 4.15 to 4.25% (AER) variable.

I had been looking to transfer the balance, but I found the options were limited!

Zopa don't include Moneybox in their list of transfer options, but you don't know this until you open the new ISA and begin the transfer!

Chip, No transfers in as of yet! (Seems you can join a waiting list?)

Plum, Don't get the higher rate for transfers in! 

With my current bonus, I should get a new rate just below the current one!

The new rate also lets me keep my ISA together with my LISA, & Simple Saver Account!
I find the Moneybox app itself is very good, well designed and I like how they display your accounts and give you breakdowns of the interest gained!

Comments

• Veteransaver
    Veteransaver Posts: 480 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    You can get far better rates though elsewhere Eg with Charter bank for easy access at 5.08%
  • gravel_2
    gravel_2 Posts: 136 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    edited 27 March at 12:17PM
    Options
    You can get far better rates though elsewhere Eg with Charter bank for easy access at 5.08%
    The Moneybox Easy Access ISA currently pays 5.16%. This includes a 0.91% bonus. What has happened, and what OP seems to be excited about, is that the underlying rate (without bonus) has increased from 4.15% to 4.25%, therefore the actual rate has gone from 5.06% to 5.16% for the initial 12 months after opening an account.

Also you are comparing an ISA to a non-ISA account. Charter's ISA is at 5.03%.
  • Blackbriar_040
    Options
    Quick update!

Just checked my Moneybox Easy Access Cash ISA, is now showing the new rate (5.10%)

Basically now matching the CHIP CASH ISA, but saved me having to register and wait for them to accept transfers in!

Not really much option for transferring Easy Access Cash ISAs, at the moment, if you didn't want to wait for the CHIP Cash ISA, the next best option is ZOPA (5.08%).  (As mentioned, they didn't recognise Moneybox, so I would try and confirm they will accept your current ISA provider first!)

Hopefully we'll get some more options in the next few weeks!

• Aidanmc
    Aidanmc Posts: 738 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Quick update!

Just checked my Moneybox Easy Access Cash ISA, is now showing the new rate (5.10%)

Basically now matching the CHIP CASH ISA, but saved me having to register and wait for them to accept transfers in!

Not really much option for transferring Easy Access Cash ISAs, at the moment, if you didn't want to wait for the CHIP Cash ISA, the next best option is ZOPA (5.08%).  (As mentioned, they didn't recognise Moneybox, so I would try and confirm they will accept your current ISA provider first!)

I thought it was supposed to be 5.16%
  • Blackbriar_040
    Options
    Aidanmc said:
    Quick update!

Underlying rate was : 4.15%
    From March 27, new rate: 4.25%

Excising Introductory Bonus rate: 0.85%

Moneybox Easy Access Cash ISA: 5.10%
  • Aidanmc
    Options
    Aidanmc said:
    Quick update!

Underlying rate was : 4.15%
    From March 27, new rate: 4.25%

Excising Introductory Bonus rate: 0.85%

Moneybox Easy Access Cash ISA: 5.10%

Ok, i get it now, the 5.16% would be new customer rate.
    *New customer rate as of 26/03/2024. Subject to conditions, includes bonus rate of 0.91% for first 12 months.
    Thanks for clarifying

• Aidanmc
    Options
    Just checked my Moneybox cash isa opened 1 March. It shows 5.19%AER  broken down as underlaying rate 4.25% and introductory bonus 0.94%
    Anyone else seeing this?
  • crumpet_man
    crumpet_man Posts: 533 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Aidanmc said:
    Just checked my Moneybox cash isa opened 1 March. It shows 5.19%AER  broken down as underlaying rate 4.25% and introductory bonus 0.94%
    Anyone else seeing this?
    5.19% here for account opened January 2024.
  • Nourse79
    Nourse79 Posts: 34 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    MONEYBOX Cash ISA currently at 5.16 % : Flexible or not....no information to be found !
  • gravel_2
    gravel_2 Posts: 136 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Nourse79 said:
    MONEYBOX Cash ISA currently at 5.16 % : Flexible or not....no information to be found !
    Have you looked at the MSE best easy acces ISA list?
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback