Amazon Music App Fault

Options
Hi, has anyone else had a problem with the Amazon Music App, it's coming up to 2 years since I reported it to Amazon.
Since then, I have had numerous emails from them asking me to check and report on the app, taking screenshots etc and frankly I am now bored of it.
I asked for my money back and listed every purchase I had made, at this point I then found that some of my music albums had gone missing.
My complaint is at its highest point with Amazon and they will not inform me of any mediation service, citing that I am at the highest point of the complaints process.
I really need help with this.

Comments

• born_again
    born_again Posts: 14,474 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    No issue with it here on either Android or Apple phones. 

Just what is your issue?
    Life in the slow lane
  • BoGoF
    BoGoF Posts: 7,099 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    This seems to be OP's issue - https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/6450080/my-amazon-music-albums#latest

Basically some songs not showing in albums. A quick google suggests a known problem. Some comments;

"I find it it's a song I've added to one of my playlists it's then missing from the full album. But when I search for the specific song it still comes up. Annoying not being able to listen to an album start to finish without missing tracks."

"A fix
    • Unsubscribe from Amazon music.

• Uninstall the app.

• Reinstall the app and resubscribe.

Everything is still intact and your songs are back."

"Slightly quicker fix, long tap the app, tap app info, storage, clear storage. Then restart the app, hit continue. Song comes back .. for me"

• SB76
    SB76 Posts: 7 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Hi, thanks for both of your comments.

BoGoF, I can't remember the amount of times Amazon tech support has asked me to do this, it doesn't work.

I may just submit my information to the small claims court, I was hoping someone from MSE would see this and take the fight to Amazon?
  • BoGoF
    BoGoF Posts: 7,099 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    SB76 said:

BoGoF, I can't remember the amount of times Amazon tech support has asked me to do this, it doesn't work.

I may just submit my information to the small claims court, I was hoping someone from MSE would see this and take the fight to Amazon?
    Before taking any further action you may want to read the small print about digital purchases.

• born_again
    born_again Posts: 14,474 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    SB76 said:

TBH, they would only look at things that are cropping up on a massive scale.

But as above. Buying digital via amazon, is not buying the actual product. You are just purchasing the right to listen/read/view the product.
    Life in the slow lane
  • mikb
    mikb Posts: 556 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options

But as above. Buying digital via amazon, is not buying the actual product. You are just purchasing the right to listen/read/view the product.
    I suspect if you read carefully through the pages of jargon in the EULA, you are purchasing a time-limited, unilaterally revokable right to listen/read/view on the devices they approve of, in a format they approve of, up until they decide that is no longer the case, for any reason whatsoever, and you agree to these terms somewhere where you didn't even notice.

In other words, "purchase" doesn't mean a thing, and "ownership" is an outdated concept. Welcome to the future.

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback