Meal Prep company - Diets2go/Bozu - Issues

Options
Sparkleon
Sparkleon Posts: 27 Forumite
First Anniversary First Post
edited 26 March at 2:56PM in Consumer rights
Hello,

I need some help if I can. I used diets2go a few weeks ago, but changed to someone else. I had a salesman call me to entice me back, selling me the dream and got me signed up. I am no longer in the position to pay the prices they want and wish to cancel. However, to cancel, I have to send them an email. Which I have done - and not had a reply.

I browsed their T&Cs to find that if I have taken advantage of a discount, then I have to pay that discount back if I want to cancel and the minimum they will accept is £15. Obviously the salesman on the phone didnt tell me this because who would sign up if they had. And if you cancel your card, or simply dont have the funds to pay, they will charge your card £12 in admin fees and £15 for late payment fees. 

It also states that you must cancel 7 days prior or you will be charged. If you want to cancel before the next box is due, then it cant be 7 days after your last box. Also, if you send an email on the Monday, but they dont check their emails until Friday, then they will say that is when they received the email, and charge you for another box (that you obviously dont want, as thats why you cancelled in the first place). You can pause the account - again in writing - but according to their "contract" - the company has every right to take all weekly or monthly payments that are due. when you resume delivery, the company will charge £8 delivery charge for each reactivated delivery as well as the £12 admin fee. 

I have emailed to cancel. I have not had a reply. I have called. but no one answers the phone. Does anyone know where I stand with this please? Who knew a meal prep company would be such a massive ball ache! 

Thanks in advance. 

Comments

• sarah1972
    sarah1972 Posts: 18,898 Senior Ambassador
    Homepage Hero Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Pmd the team to move away from groceries to the consumer rights board x
    I’m a Senior Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Competitions Time, Shopping & Freebies boards, Employment, Jobseeking & Training boards If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • born_again
    born_again Posts: 14,468 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Sparkleon said:
    Hello,

I need some help if I can. I used diets2go a few weeks ago, but changed to someone else. I had a salesman call me to entice me back, selling me the dream and got me signed up. I am no longer in the position to pay the prices they want and wish to cancel. However, to cancel, I have to send them an email. Which I have done - and not had a reply.

I browsed their T&Cs to find that if I have taken advantage of a discount, then I have to pay that discount back if I want to cancel and the minimum they will accept is £15. Obviously the salesman on the phone didnt tell me this because who would sign up if they had. And if you cancel your card, or simply dont have the funds to pay, they will charge your card £12 in admin fees and £15 for late payment fees. 

It also states that you must cancel 7 days prior or you will be charged. If you want to cancel before the next box is due, then it cant be 7 days after your last box. Also, if you send an email on the Monday, but they dont check their emails until Friday, then they will say that is when they received the email, and charge you for another box (that you obviously dont want, as thats why you cancelled in the first place). You can pause the account - again in writing - but according to their "contract" - the company has every right to take all weekly or monthly payments that are due. when you resume delivery, the company will charge £8 delivery charge for each reactivated delivery as well as the £12 admin fee. 

I have emailed to cancel. I have not had a reply. I have called. but no one answers the phone. Does anyone know where I stand with this please? Who knew a meal prep company would be such a massive ball ache! 

Thanks in advance. 
    Ring bank & get them to cancel the recuring payment. 
    Save the email you sent to cancel. If they take a payment after, then call bank to claim money back via chargeback.
    Life in the slow lane
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure