PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non-MoneySaving matters are not permitted per the Forum rules. While we understand that mentioning house prices may sometimes be relevant to a user's specific MoneySaving situation, we ask that you please avoid veering into broad, general debates about the market, the economy and politics, as these can unfortunately lead to abusive or hateful behaviour. Threads that are found to have derailed into wider discussions may be removed. Users who repeatedly disregard this may have their Forum account banned. Please also avoid posting personally identifiable information, including links to your own online property listing which may reveal your address. Thank you for your understanding.

TA10 and internal door fittings

Options
Firsttimer19999
Firsttimer19999 Posts: 9 Forumite
Name Dropper First Post
According to form TA10 internal door fittings are not included in the property sale. Does that means seller is allowed to remove whole door?

Comments

• maisie_cat
    maisie_cat Posts: 2,068 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Academoney Grad First Post
    Options
    I would say they have fancy door knobs/handles and are planning on taking them. The estate agent should be able to establish whether they are planning on replacing them, perhaps with cheaper versions.
  • Firsttimer19999
    Name Dropper First Post
    edited 26 March at 11:10AM
    Options
    I would say they have fancy door knobs/handles and are planning on taking them. The estate agent should be able to establish whether they are planning on replacing them, perhaps with cheaper versions.
    Thank you very for quick answer.Basically  seller is insisting the buyer to buy this internal double glazed sliding door otherwise he will remove this door. 
  • amnblog
    amnblog Posts: 12,445 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Very Classy
    I am a Mortgage Broker

You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a Mortgage Broker, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice.
  • Firsttimer19999
    Name Dropper First Post
    edited 26 March at 12:03PM
    Options
    I am trying to find someone who is in similar situation. What are the legal implications if vendor goes ahead with this? According to TA10 form seller has excluded door fittings. Is whole door considered door fittings or hinges and handles are fittings?
  • MWT
    MWT Posts: 9,253 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    I am trying to find someone who is in similar situation. What are the legal implications if vendor goes ahead with this? According to TA10 form seller has excluded door fittings. Is whole door considered door fittings or hinges and handles are fittings?
    Generally though this is a matter of negotiation as much as it is the legalities.
    'door fittings' are not a door, but does the buyer really want to find that on moving day the seller really has gone around and removed all the handles and hinges out of spite?
    Much better to insist on clarity on specific items like this and then decide if it is a deal-breaker or not...

• MSE_ForumTeam5
    MSE_ForumTeam5 Posts: 966 Community Admin
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    Options
    We've moved this thread to a more appropriate board
    Official MSE Forum Team member. Please use the 'report' button to alert us to problem posts, or email forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com
  • GDB2222
    GDB2222 Posts: 24,677 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    It’s pretty unusual for the seller to want to be paid extra for the doors. It’s a matter for negotiations, though, as they can take anything they want, as long as they tell you in advance. 

Are you sure you want to deal with these sellers at all?
    No reliance should be placed on the above! Absolutely none, do you hear?
  • eddddy
    eddddy Posts: 16,451 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    edited 26 March at 2:36PM
    Options
    Firsttimer19999 said:

Thank you very for quick answer.Basically  seller is insisting the buyer to buy this internal double glazed sliding door otherwise he will remove this door. 

Haven't you answered your own question?  The seller has ticked that box on the TA10 because they are not including a sliding door.

But if the form is unclear, maybe the first step is to ask the buyer (maybe via the estate agent) what they meant when they ticked the box.

And assuming you agree with whatever the seller says, tell your solicitor the details, so that it can be clarified in the contract.

(Or if you don't agree, you'll have to negotiate.)

• Bigphil1474
    Bigphil1474 Posts: 2,430 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    OP, they might be expensive doors or fittings that they have fitted in last couple of years, or they might be complete jokers. Your solicitor can query it - tell them what you want to do. Personally, I wouldn't pay for anything, as more often than not the seller is juts bluffing and hoping you'll cave before they do. My OH would have a fit if I told her we were taking doors or door fittings with us when we move.
  • user1977
    user1977 Posts: 14,096 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited 26 March at 4:20PM
    Options
    I am trying to find someone who is in similar situation.
    I very much doubt you ever will, because it sounds like a rather peculiar negotiation to have! Generally vendors don't take the doors with them...

If the form isn't clear about what is or isn't included, by all means ask for it to be clarified.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback