PAC Code failed - is my phone number lost?

Options
Jan138
Jan138 Posts: 3 Newbie
First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
edited 25 March at 5:44PM in Mobiles
Can anyone advise me what to do please?

I decided to leave O2 as they've put their prices up again and chose Lebara as recommended on this site. I received a PAC code from O2 and gave it to Lebara who said the transfer should be completed within 24 hours. That was over a week ago.

I have spoken to Lebara who told be that the code had failed and to contact O2 for a new code. O2 have told me that the code has been used and that my old number belongs to Vodafone now so they cannot issue another PAC code. Lebara have now told me that I need to contact Vodafone to get a PAC code from them but I cannot get past their automated phone system as I need to enter a Vodafone account number to proceed and the system disconnects me.

Has anyone else had a problem like this?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Okell
    Okell Posts: 834 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Jan138 said:
    Can anyone advise me what to do please?

I decided to leave O2 as they've put their prices up again and chose Lebara as recommended on this site. I received a PAC code from O2 and gave it to Lebara who said the transfer should be completed within 24 hours. That was over a week ago.

I have spoken to Lebara who told be that the code had failed and to contact O2 for a new code. O2 have told me that the code has been used and that my old number belongs to Vodafone now so they cannot issue another PAC code. Lebara have now told me that I need to contact Vodafone to get a PAC code from them but I cannot get past their automated phone system as I need to enter a Vodafone account number to proceed and the system disconnects me.

Has anyone else had a problem like this?

Thanks in advance.
    You're on the wrong board.

Report your post (red pennant flag in bottom left of your post) and ask the site team to move it to Phones & TV — MoneySavingExpert Forum
  • MSE_ForumTeam5
    MSE_ForumTeam5 Posts: 966 Community Admin
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    Options
    We've moved this to the Mobiles board
    Official MSE Forum Team member. Please use the 'report' button to alert us to problem posts, or email forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com
  • PHK
    PHK Posts: 1,285 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    This sounds like a split port. Please can you let us know exactly what the problem is when people call or text you and when you call or text them?

• simax
    simax Posts: 1,957 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    If you’ve ported to Lebara, it is their responsibility to correct the porting error. It’s not down to you. The number will be retrievable. They also have to pay you compensation for downtime… this is in the OFCOM regulations for number porting (MNP)… contact them again and remind them of their obligations…
    I spent 25 years in the mobile industry, from 1994 to 2019. Worked for indies as well as the big networks, in their stores also in contact centres. I also hold a degree in telecoms engineering so I like to think I know what I’m talking about 😂
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback