IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

CLAIM FORM - I have a LEASE CAR as a Small Business Owner - Unsure what to do next

Options
Thank you so much for any support you can offer. I've never done this before and am confused.

I read the newbies post and read the tips for the business lease car in the posts/threads, but as I have a claims form, I am unsure what I'm supposed to do next, and who to message. There's no email address in the claim form.

The story is, I parked in this 'private car park' which is basically parking for some flats where my partner and her parents lived. Her parents gave me something to put in my windscreen and said I can leave the car there whilst I go away with my partner for a few days, mostly for work.

I returned to see these 'tickets' on my windscreen. To be honest, I thought they didn't apply to me as I didn't think I had done anything wrong, and just threw them away. And threw away all following letters and 'debt collectors' letters. I should have looked here and kept them. I made a mistake and threw it all away until I got this 'Claim form' which I don't know what to do with. And almost 14 days has passed, but not quite, luckily.

I am the company owner and I am the driver. The claim form has the name of my company as the keeper I think. The letters have been going to my business address, which is then forwarded to my home address. So I get them about a week after they've sent them I think.

I haven't done anything and maybe I'm too late? Even the procedure to pay is very confusing with lots of pages asking for all sorts of financial details. Weird and quite scary.

If anyone can tell me what steps I need to take next, if I have a good chance of winning.

My claim form is attached, and also dropbox link is dropbox.com/scl/fo/g1tyrgppsmq4iu853rhb0/h?rlkey=0cfqrv2qeqpdkv871gotmwy8w&dl=0 (add www. at beginning to visit link as I'm newbie and can't post links)

Any tips recommended as I need to take some action or make a choice today I think.

Comments

• Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,818 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited 25 March at 2:54PM
    Options
    Nah - easy - you just do the AOS now.  As in the Template Defence thread. Then defend.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • freedom42
    freedom42 Posts: 10 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Nah - easy - you just do the AOS now.  As in the Template Defence thread. Then defend.
    Thanks so much for your quick reply! So does that mean I follow this procedure that you've posted before? (called money claim online - how to acknowledge)
    dropbox.com/s/xvqu3bask5m0zir/money-claim-online-How-to-Acknowledge.pdf?dl=0 

So I'm assuming I've got a chance of winning - yay!
  • KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 37,663 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Those Particulars of Claim are terrible.
    They don't even state what the driver is alleged to have done wrong.
    As said, this will be an easy win.

With a Claim Issue Date of 13th March, you have until Tuesday 2nd April to file an Acknowledgment of Service but there is nothing to be gained by delaying it. 
    To file an Acknowledgment of Service, follow the guidance in the Dropbox file linked from the second post in the NEWBIES thread.
    Having filed an Acknowledgment of Service in a timely manner, you have until 4pm on Monday 15th April 2024 to file your Defence.
    That's over three weeks away. Plenty of time to produce a Defence, but please don't leave it to the last minute. 
    To create a Defence, and then file a Defence by email, look again at the second post on the NEWBIES thread - immediately following where you found the Acknowledgment of Service guidance.
    Don't miss the deadline for filing an Acknowledgment of Service, nor that for filing a Defence.

Do not try and file a Defence via the MoneyClaimOnline website. Once an Acknowledgment of Service has been filed, the MCOL website should be treated as 'read only'.
  • freedom42
    Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    KeithP said:
    Those Particulars of Claim are terrible.
    They don't even state what the driver is alleged to have done wrong.
    As said, this will be an easy win.

With a Claim Issue Date of 13th March, you have until Tuesday 2nd April to file an Acknowledgment of Service but there is nothing to be gained by delaying it. 
    To file an Acknowledgment of Service, follow the guidance in the Dropbox file linked from the second post in the NEWBIES thread.
    Having filed an Acknowledgment of Service in a timely manner, you have until 4pm on Monday 15th April 2024 to file your Defence.
    That's over three weeks away. Plenty of time to produce a Defence, but please don't leave it to the last minute. 
    To create a Defence, and then file a Defence by email, look again at the second post on the NEWBIES thread - immediately following where you found the Acknowledgment of Service guidance.
    Don't miss the deadline for filing an Acknowledgment of Service, nor that for filing a Defence.

Do not try and file a Defence via the MoneyClaimOnline website. Once an Acknowledgment of Service has been filed, the MCOL website should be treated as 'read only'.

Thank you so much Kevin! You're very kind to help out. I will follow your advice.

Regarding the Acknowledgement of Service, do I register as an individual even though they have addressed my company?
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,818 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    No it should be from the company. You might have a Gov Gateway Business Tax account?
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 37,663 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    freedom42 said:
    Thank you so much Kevin!
    Kevin?? Who's Kevin?   ;)
  • Le_Kirk
    Le_Kirk Posts: 22,322 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    Options
    freedom42 said:
    KeithP said:
    Those Particulars of Claim are terrible..................
    Thank you so much Kevin! You're very kind to help out. I will follow your advice.
    Or even Keith!
  • freedom42
    Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    No it should be from the company. You might have a Gov Gateway Business Tax account?
    Thank you, Ok I will do it through the business.
    (I don't know where Kevin came from. I meant to thank, you and KeithP!)
  • D_P_Dance
    D_P_Dance Posts: 11,503 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    edited 26 March at 11:39AM
    Options
    l I got this 'Claim form' which I don't know what to do with. 

You need to treat this very seriously and find out immediately    All the answers you require are available here.  These scammers  can ruin your credit rating if you do not.
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
  • freedom42
    Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    D_P_Dance said:
    l I got this 'Claim form' which I don't know what to do with. 

You need to treat this very seriously and find out immediately    All the answers you require are available here.  These scammers  can ruin your credit rating if you do not.
    Thank you DP Dance. I have managed to work out the first step, which is Acknowledgement of Service, which is now done, through my company name. Now will work on next step. Grateful for the kind people who are helping us fight back against this scam.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback