We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Unethical pricing @waitrose.com

How much are the eggs on display?  Clue - not £11.  Answer please on a postcard.

Comments

• Clive_Woody
    Clive_Woody Posts: 5,870 Forumite
    Name Dropper Second Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    What is the weight of the eggs on display, i can't see it?
    "We act as though comfort and luxury are the chief requirements of life, when all that we need to make us happy is something to be enthusiastic about” – Albert Einstein
  • booneruk
    booneruk Posts: 434 Forumite
    Sixth Anniversary Name Dropper 100 Posts
    edited 25 March at 10:15AM
    I've just found the same 260g Easter egg on waitrose.com, added some to my basket and, yep, they're £11 in there. Confused.
  • elsien
    elsien Posts: 33,991 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped! First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited 25 March at 10:24AM
    I’m still going for the £11 on the basis that I can’t see why they wouldn’t be - writing on the box is too blurred to check any other relevant information. 
    All shall be well, and all shall be well, and all manner of things shall be well.

Pedant alert - it's could have, not could of.
  • Caz3121
    Caz3121 Posts: 15,625 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 100 Posts
    I will take a guess that the ones on display are the extra-large 322g ones that are £15 (rather than the 260g ones) so they have either put the wrong eggs or signs on display.
  • Shazza700
    Shazza700 Posts: 3 Newbie
    First Post
    No idea 🤷‍♀️- just says luxury large egg but as
    there is only one size on display isn’t that irrelevant?
  • Andy_L
    Andy_L Posts: 12,897 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    elsien said:
    Caz3121 said:
    I will take a guess that the ones on display are the extra-large 322g ones that are £15 (rather than the 260g ones) so they have either put the wrong eggs or signs on display.
    If that’s the case, I would guess it’s a genuine error rather than an attempt to defraud their shoppers so pointing it out to them would seem to be the obvious way to go. 
    Nah, you need to sign yourself up to a forum  PDQ and get ranting.
  • Shazza700
    Shazza700 Posts: 3 Newbie
    First Post
    But they actually cost £15 each.  Smaller version is £11 but only the large eggs on display.  Very dodgy practice for major brand that prides itself on customer service.
  • DullGreyGuy
    DullGreyGuy Posts: 13,002 Forumite
    Second Anniversary 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    Shazza700 said:
    No idea 🤷‍♀️- just says luxury large egg but as
    there is only one size on display isn’t that irrelevant?
    The sign explicitly states the weight of the item thats discounted which is the smaller egg with 8 chocolates rather than the larger egg with 9 truffles that the sign is on. 

If you look at the cardboard trays they are a mix of large and medium given some say 8 and some say 9. Looks like originally they had both sizes there and people have stripped out all the smaller ones that were on offer. Clearly ideally the signs should have been removed when all the promotional size were taken but maybe there are some of the smaller ones still available further back/deeper down. 
  • elsien
    elsien Posts: 33,991 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped! First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Shazza700 said:
    But they actually cost £15 each.  Smaller version is £11 but only the large eggs on display.  Very dodgy practice for major brand that prides itself on customer service.
    So what did their customer service say when you pointed out the error to them, and have they addressed it? 
    All shall be well, and all shall be well, and all manner of things shall be well.

Pedant alert - it's could have, not could of.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 345.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 251K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 451K Spending & Discounts
  • 237.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 612.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 174.3K Life & Family
  • 251K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16K Discuss & Feedback
  • 15.1K Coronavirus Support Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.