WTC to UC - Is there a copy of the UC application questions I can see in advance of applying?

Options
Can anyone point me in the direction of a copy of the UC application we have to fill in when we migrate from WTC to UC.  I'm not applying to move until the end of April, which is two weeks before my claim deadline, and wanted to know exactly what questions are asked so that I can get any necessary information ready and prepare my answers in advance. Any online links would be much appreciated, many thanks.

Comments

• poppy12345
    poppy12345 Posts: 17,968 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    I don't think there's anything available online, at least I couldn't find anything. I did find this which does give you some idea of what is needed. It's very straight forward, nothing complicated.https://www.mentalhealthandmoneyadvice.org/en/welfare-benefits/universal-credit-mental-health-guide/help-with-your-universal-credit-claim/how-to-fill-in-your-universal-credit-application-form/
  • Spoonie_Turtle
    Spoonie_Turtle Posts: 8,431 Forumite
    edited 22 March at 5:24PM
    Options
    The UC claim doesn't start until you've filled in all the sections and pressed 'submit' so you can take your time with the questions. 
  • Carefulspender1
    Carefulspender1 Posts: 51 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    I don't think there's anything available online, at least I couldn't find anything. I did find this which does give you some idea of what is needed. It's very straight forward, nothing complicated.https://www.mentalhealthandmoneyadvice.org/en/welfare-benefits/universal-credit-mental-health-guide/help-with-your-universal-credit-claim/how-to-fill-in-your-universal-credit-application-form/
    Thanks Poppy12345 - yes I did see that entry online. Because I'm applying only two weeks before my deadline date, I'm just trying to make sure I know exactly what will be asked for so that I have all my ducks in a row for when I actually make the application for migration...I don't want to suddenly come across a curved ball question that will take me ages to get the information together for. I think its because of the memories of applying for council tax reduction during the pandemic lockdowns, which was a nightmare as a self employed person!
  • NedS
    NedS Posts: 3,615 Forumite
    edited 22 March at 5:27PM
    Options
    The UC claim doesn't start until you've filled in all the sections and pressed 'submit' so you can take your time with the questions. 
    Don't take too long though, if not completed within 28 days, the unsubmitted application will be deleted and they would have to start a new application again from scratch.

• Newcad
    Newcad Posts: 928 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    The problem with producing any such guide is that the questions asked in a UC application change depending on the answers already given.
    Instead of a "form" with the same questions for everybody different people with different circumstances will be asked different questions that apply to what they have already said.
    In theory you should only get asked what applies in your circumstances.
  • Carefulspender1
    Options
    Ah yes I understand that - it's just that I'm not going to start completing it until a few days before my deadline day so if there are any complicated questions asked that require me to spend a lot of time putting information together I wanted to be forewarned by seeing the questions in advance.
  • Carefulspender1
    Options
    Newcad said:
    The problem with producing any such guide is that the questions asked in a UC application change depending on the answers already given.
    Instead of a "form" with the same questions for everybody different people with different circumstances will be asked different questions that apply to what they have already said.
    In theory you should only get asked what applies in your circumstances.
    Ahh I see. As a self employed person I just wanted to be forewarned of any complicated questions that would take a long time for me to find the answers to...so it doesn't look like I'll be able to anticipate the questions, hopefully it won't take too long to fill in.
  • peteuk
    peteuk Posts: 1,337 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Its a risk v reward question, your pushing the claim to the edge of the migration period and even then your not taking on board the advice given.  Start now and do it slowly, get it right or leave it till last minute .com and rush it (which is the situation your trying to avoid)

Have you tried a benefits calculator?  This will help with the potential figures and info required, IT wont be 100% but will possibly give you an idea. 
    Proud to have dealt with our debts
    Starting debt 2005 £65.7K.
    Current debt ZERO.
    DEBT FREE
  • Carefulspender1
    Options
    peteuk said:
    Its a risk v reward question, your pushing the claim to the edge of the migration period and even then your not taking on board the advice given.  Start now and do it slowly, get it right or leave it till last minute .com and rush it (which is the situation your trying to avoid)

Have you tried a benefits calculator?  This will help with the potential figures and info required, IT wont be 100% but will possibly give you an idea. 
    Thanks Peteuk - I was trying to wait until our April payment of WTC had been made - but of course if I start the process around say 6th April at the start of the new tax year and then don't press 'submit' until after I've received that WTC payment on around 25th April, I'm assuming that all will be well and it wont be a last minute panic. Am I on the right track here?
  • poppy12345
    poppy12345 Posts: 17,968 Forumite
    Options
    peteuk said:

Thanks Peteuk - I was trying to wait until our April payment of WTC had been made - but of course if I start the process around say 6th April at the start of the new tax year and then don't press 'submit' until after I've received that WTC payment on around 25th April, I'm assuming that all will be well and it wont be a last minute panic. Am I on the right track here?
    Nothing will happen unless you click "submit" don't forget the 28 days that was mentioned earlier in the thread, if you don't submit before that then you will lose what information you've saved. 
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback