BT email log in

Options
baser999
baser999 Posts: 1,135 Forumite
First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
edited 22 March at 9:49AM in Broadband & internet access
Anyone having issues logging on? My mother still has a BT email account and since she’s in a care home we monitor it for spam or the occasional email that comes through. Today however the log in page seems to have changed and won’t accept our password. 

Comments

• MikeyPGT
    MikeyPGT Posts: 310 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    Options
    baser999 said:
    Anyone having issues logging on? My mother still has a BT email account and since she’s in a care home we monitor it for spam or the occasional email that comes through. Today however the log in page seems to have changed and won’t accept our password. 
    My login page changed last week and has been working fine until today when it tells me that here is a problem with my account and now comes up with a tiny message saying 'too many requests'. Seems like yet another failed 'upgrade.
    Debt Free Wannabe by 1 March 2026 

Satisfied customer of Octopus Agile - currently saving on average 33% of standard tarrif

Deep seated hatred of Scottish Power and all who sail in her - would love to see Ofgem grow a pair and actually do something about it.
  • littleboo
    littleboo Posts: 1,501 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    there does seem to be a problem, reports on Downdetector and the BT forums

https://community.bt.com/t5/Email/Error-when-logging-on-22-march-2024/m-p/2357492#U2357492

• baser999
    baser999 Posts: 1,135 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 22 March at 6:01PM
    Options
    MikeyPGT said:
    baser999 said:
    My login page changed last week and has been working fine until today when it tells me that here is a problem with my account and now comes up with a tiny message saying 'too many requests'. Seems like yet another failed 'upgrade.
    Thank you, that’s what I’ve been getting here as well. I even uploaded a later app but still no joy. Will try again tomorrow; she receives very few emails so there’ll be nothing urgent, just nice to keep an eye on things

17:00 Update - had a look at the link that @littleboo loaded and it seems that BT have sorted out the problem and I’ve been able to log in
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback