Coventry Building Society ISA transfer process

Options
Frogletina
Frogletina Posts: 3,894 Forumite
First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
edited 22 March at 2:12AM in ISAs & tax-free savings
Using the online transfer process to move previous years funds into an ISA with CBS I have encountered a problem that CBS didn't seem to know about.

My request was rejected because the form sent to the other building society has the following question and answer on it

'Have you subscribed current years funds to this ISA?' - and the reply says no. However, the ISA did once contain current years funds but they were transferred out last year and only has previous years funds in it now. My problem, as I told the advisor when I rang CBS, is that this question is not asked when following the online ISA transfer process. I checked the process again when I was speaking to the advisor, and it definitely was not asked and I told her to cancel the request it as I was sure it would once again be cancelled by the other building society. and I asked for a complaint to be raised.

The advisor rang me back in the afternoon to say that she would not be upholding my complaint as after speaking to the ISA team, and after trying out the process on her own account, she said the question was definitely there. When I referred her to the fact that I tried that morning when speaking to her, she said that she was unable to see what my screen was asking me, so I tried the process again, and told her that the question was definitely not there. 

Has your ISA been re-activated this year? I asked - as that was all I could think of being the difference. Hers had but mine hadn't and the process said it wasn't needed unless a transfer of current years funds was required. She re-activated my ISA and suddenly I had the option of transferring current years funds and/or previous years and low and behold there was the question. 

I've now asked for the complaint to be looked into again 
Not Rachmaninov
But Nyman
The heart asks for pleasure first
SPC 8 £1567.31 SPC 9 £1014.64 SPC 10 # £1164.13 SPC 11 £1598.15 SPC 12 # £994.67 SPC 13 £962.54 SPC 14 £1154.79 SPC15 £715.38 SPC16 £1071.81⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐Declutter thread - ⭐⭐🏅

Comments

• 35har1old
    35har1old Posts: 1,105 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    Using the online transfer process to move previous years funds into an ISA with CBS I have encountered a problem that CBS didn't seem to know about.

My request was rejected because the form sent to the other building society has the following question and answer on it

'Have you subscribed current years funds to this ISA?' - and the reply says no. However, the ISA did once contain current years funds but they were transferred out last year and only has previous years funds in it now. My problem, as I told the advisor when I rang CBS, is that this question is not asked when following the online ISA transfer process. I checked the process again when I was speaking to the advisor, and it definitely was not asked and I told her to cancel the request it as I was sure it would once again be cancelled by the other building society. and I asked for a complaint to be raised.

The advisor rang me back in the afternoon to say that she would not be upholding my complaint as after speaking to the ISA team, and after trying out the process on her own account, she said the question was definitely there. When I referred her to the fact that I tried that morning when speaking to her, she said that she was unable to see what my screen was asking me, so I tried the process again, and told her that the question was definitely not there. 

Has your ISA been re-activated this year? I asked - as that was all I could think of being the difference. Hers had but mine hadn't and the process said it wasn't needed unless a transfer of current years funds was required. She re-activated my ISA and suddenly I had the option of transferring current years funds and/or previous years and low and behold there was the question. 

Is there anyway of sending a screenshot 

• Frogletina
    Frogletina Posts: 3,894 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    35har1old said:

Is there anyway of sending a screenshot 

It's too late to do that now as my ISA has now been activated - but I have done screenshots in another complaint I have with another building society. I'm not sure that has helped, as my complaint with them has still not been resolved after 5 months with their IT department. 
    Not Rachmaninov
    But Nyman
    The heart asks for pleasure first
    SPC 8 £1567.31 SPC 9 £1014.64 SPC 10 # £1164.13 SPC 11 £1598.15 SPC 12 # £994.67 SPC 13 £962.54 SPC 14 £1154.79 SPC15 £715.38 SPC16 £1071.81⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐Declutter thread - ⭐⭐🏅
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback