Insurance for cancellation of music event

Options
have booked tickets, flights and accomodation for a music event in Germany
I would like to buy travel insurance which will cover my costs if the music event is cancelled or postponed by the organisers
However I am finding it difficult to ensure the travel insurance I take out covers for such an event
Any advice?

Comments

• heatherw_01
    heatherw_01 Posts: 6,554 Ambassador
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    edited 22 March at 6:48PM
    Options
    I googled and the first hit offered what you are wanting (I haven't used the company and am not advising them, just offering an option)

https://www.events-insurance.co.uk/event-cancellation-insurance

There are hundreds of companies offering this although they all offer different things.
    Here is a google search for this

I haven't used any of these, although I honestly am not sure they would cover flight cancellation for event cancellation because the flights are usually non refundable unless you pay for refundable tickets.

You could get a refundable hotel and event cover for the ticket, although as I mentioned, I am not sure if they cover the flight for the reasons I mentioned above, although some flights let you change dates.

One thing I once did was make it into a holiday as well, so if the worst happens, you could enjoy your holiday anyway. I know I had one concert get cancelled many years ago, so I went anyway and had a great time as I made it into a vacation.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Quick Grabbit, Freebies, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning and the UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards.
    If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.
    All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • Michellezxz
    Options
    Thanks for your input, however I think the insurance you have found is for event cancellation insurance for the event organiser as opposed to event goer
  • sheramber
    sheramber Posts: 19,136 Forumite
    First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped! First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Do the event organisers offer any cancellation insurance?

This comps my seem to cover cancelled events.

This is NOT a recommendation
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure