Santander Switch offer.

Options
I already have a Santander account so I was wondering if I was still eligible for the switching bonus. As far as I can remember, I’ve not had a switching bonus from them before.

Comments

• Bridlington1
    Bridlington1 Posts: 2,410 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    Options
    I already have a Santander account so I was wondering if I was still eligible for the switching bonus. As far as I can remember, I’ve not had a switching bonus from them before.
    If you've not had a Santander switching bonus before then you'd be eligible.
  • danco
    danco Posts: 204 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    If you want to switch into your existing account (assuming it is eligible - not all accounts are) they say you will have to go into a branch. But you can also apply for a new account online and they allow that - depends on your circumstances, of course.
  • Nasqueron
    Nasqueron Posts: 8,836 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I had a Santander current account back when they had the 1-2-3 with 3% interest and closed it around 2017 time, I did not get any incentive for that one that I recall. I successfully got a bonus for switching in 2022 time
  • Tomken
    Tomken Posts: 6 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Going into branch is no good, you have to arrange an appointment. My available appointment is 9th April, offer could be closed by then. Easier to switch from Santander.
  • PRAISETHESUN
    PRAISETHESUN Posts: 3,724 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    You can also initiate a switch into an existing Santander account over the phone.
  • NoodleDoodleMan
    NoodleDoodleMan Posts: 3,373 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    edited 27 March at 8:07PM
    Options
    Switching online is straightforward, especially if you are an existing Santander customer.
    There are hoops to jump through to satisy the criteria for the £185 reward - but nothing unworkable as long as you have sufficient funds to meet the required £1500 deposit - and that can be paid in and taken out with minimal delay within the 60 day timeframe.
    You have these 60 days to get the minimum two active Direct Debits in place if you don't already have such on the current account you are switching from.
    If you have a debit card on that "sacrifical" account it can all be completed online - otherwise it needs a 'phone call to Santander's Switcher Team to action this.
    Santander UK debit cards are the best deal IMO for holidaymakers going to Spain or the Canaries where there is access to a Banco Santander branch for ATM withdrawals - happy to explain in more detail.
  • Mossylad
    Mossylad Posts: 1 Newbie
    First Post
    Options
    Hi there,,,
    Is it me , or what,,,, but I was told on a phone call toSantander to get an in branch appointment regarding switching from my Edge Acc to the better ( in my case) Edge Up acc
    Their rep catorgorically told me this £185 ,, was not for in house switching Only from external Bank current accounts….Should I just take her word 4 it,,,,, and crack on with opening new Edge up,,, & forgetting about the prized 185…..
    Thanks people..🍻
  • Ed-1
    Ed-1 Posts: 3,892 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Mossylad said:
    Hi there,,,
    Is it me , or what,,,, but I was told on a phone call toSantander to get an in branch appointment regarding switching from my Edge Acc to the better ( in my case) Edge Up acc
    Their rep catorgorically told me this £185 ,, was not for in house switching Only from external Bank current accounts….Should I just take her word 4 it,,,,, and crack on with opening new Edge up,,, & forgetting about the prized 185…..
    Thanks people..🍻
    After converting your account type, you need to complete a current account switch from a current account held with another bank into your Santander current account to qualify for the switch offer, as well.as pay in £1.5k etc.
  • Zanderman
    Zanderman Posts: 4,684 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Mossylad said:
    Hi there,,,
    Thanks people..🍻
    All switch offers are for switching from another bank. That's the whole point - the bank gets another bank's customer and rewards that customer.

Switching internally isn't switching, it's just re-branding the account name.  And that won't be rewarded.
  • danco
    danco Posts: 204 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    You could get a new account and switch to it, which can be done online. And later use whatever method is best for combining the two accounts into one
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback