Transferring Santander Fixed Rate ISA

Options
My Santander ISA matures on 2 April and I want to transfer it to a new provider as their rates aren’t competitive. Are there any providers who are very efficient for transfers or any to avoid? 

Comments

• refluxer
    refluxer Posts: 2,704 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    Options
    A better way of doing this would probably be to identify an account that you're interested in and then search (or ask) for feedback on that particular bank or building society.

In the meantime... if it's a 1 year fixed rate cash ISA you're after, then I've personally had good experiences with Paragon, OakNorth and Charter, all of whom are paying between 5.05 and 5.07% at the moment.

Virgin Money are currently paying a higher rate but, based on the sheer number of negative posts about them in this forum over the last few years 
    (mentioning ISA transfers in particular), coupled with the fact that you also need to open a current account to access their 'exclusive' rates, I decided against using them for cash ISAs a while ago. That's just a personal decision though - as with other banks who often get complained about, there are bound to be plenty of customers who haven't had a problem.

To stand the best chance at a speedy and successful transfer, I would stick to an ISA provider on this list of providers who use the BACs ISA transfer service which should ensure that transfers are processed electronically and therefore the process doesn't rely on posting forms and cheques. Note that both providers need to be on this list and, luckily for you, Santander are.
  • GlasgowExpat2
    GlasgowExpat2 Posts: 182 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    There are several providers with rates around the 5% mark so I was trying to see if there were any to avoid. 

Thanks, I certainly choose one of the providers on the list and avoid Virgin!
  • Martyn_H
    Martyn_H Posts: 457 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Some don't allow transfers in, some have shorter funding windows, some have longer notice periods. The OakNorth ISA best met my needs.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback