Options
2»

Comments

• pinkshoes
    pinkshoes Posts: 20,104 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    abcmum123 said:
    My Child attends for 25 hours a week (5 half day sessions) - previously these were partially funded but now they will not be funded at all as non of this sessions are full day sessions
    The short answer is yes, they can, providing they give you sufficient notice.

Your options are to change the nursery hours to 2.5 full days rather than 5 half days, or find an alternative nursery that will accept the free hours at the times you want.

Our local school nursery did the opposite - they changed the 15 hours from 9am to 12pm 5 days a week!

Lots of nurseries are struggling to cope with the cost of these free hours as the rate the government pays barely even covers the basic costs, let alone making a profit.

My twins went to a nursery where the 30 hours were 7am until 1pm 5 days a week, OR... you could pay a monthly fee to pick your own 30 hours. Most parents opted for the fee which meant the nursery still made a profit and parents got a reasonably priced childcare place so everyone was happy. 
    Should've = Should HAVE (not 'of')
    Would've = Would HAVE (not 'of')

No, I am not perfect, but yes I do judge people on their use of basic English language. If you didn't know the above, then learn it! (If English is your second language, then you are forgiven!)
  • izawa
    izawa Posts: 156 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    The nursery is within their rights to do this. Don't think that they are trying to make a profit out of this. They are helpless. It is very common that they will give you free hours only if you buy extra hours.
    I am relationship expert. Don't feel shy, say hello.
  • Niv
    Niv Posts: 2,471 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    sheramber said:
    Thanks, 
    So the nursery gets £57 for 7 hours per day 
    Can they charge £65 and we pay the rest?

I'd rather pay the extra than have them go under.

I don't want to have to opt out of the government funding in order to use the nursery place
    Thx 
    https://www.pacey.org.uk/working-in-childcare/spotlight-on/30-hours-funding/information-for-practitioners/#:~:text=You are not permitted to,or require a registration fee.

Are any additional charges are permitted? You are not permitted to charge parents top-up fees (the difference between your private fees and the hourly rate you receive from your local authority) or require a registration fee. 

I presume this does not exclude a voluntary contribution or 'donation' that just happens to equate to the shortfall? I suggest this as @mark_cycling00 appears to want to do this out of a social conscience rather than 'being charged'.
    YNWA

Target: Mortgage free by 58.
  • sheramber
    sheramber Posts: 19,278 Forumite
    First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped! First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Niv said:
    sheramber said:
    Thanks, 

I don't want to have to opt out of the government funding in order to use the nursery place
    Thx 
    https://www.pacey.org.uk/working-in-childcare/spotlight-on/30-hours-funding/information-for-practitioners/#:~:text=You are not permitted to,or require a registration fee.

Are any additional charges are permitted? You are not permitted to charge parents top-up fees (the difference between your private fees and the hourly rate you receive from your local authority) or require a registration fee. 

I presume this does not exclude a voluntary contribution or 'donation' that just happens to equate to the shortfall? I suggest this as @mark_cycling00 appears to want to do this out of a social conscience rather than 'being charged'.

It canlt be a voluntary payment is they charge it.

• Niv
    Niv Posts: 2,471 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    sheramber said:
    Niv said:
    sheramber said:
    Thanks, 

Thx 

Totally agree. But mark said he would rather pay them extra than have them go under. No indication that the nursery are asking for any more money. 
    YNWA

Target: Mortgage free by 58.
  • sheramber
    sheramber Posts: 19,278 Forumite
    First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped! First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Niv said:
    sheramber said:
    Niv said:
    sheramber said:
    Thanks, 

Thx 

Totally agree. But mark said he would rather pay them extra than have them go under. No indication that the nursery are asking for any more money. 
    No indication that he is using a nursery that is going to go under.

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback