Serious speed issues with ID Mobile

Options
venomx
venomx Posts: 1,118 Forumite
First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
edited 20 March at 4:37PM in Mobiles
Ported my number across from EE to ID today, and had the SMS to say it is complete.
However, the EE sim card is still active ( maybe it will cancel in a few days )

AND. The ID Mobile speeds are dreadful. Sometimes I get less than 1Megabit per second. Any ideas ?  Phone is a iPhone 11 and with EE my speeds were always above 50megabit.

ID have good coverage in my area for 4G according to their checker

Thanks

Comments

• sdduk
    sdduk Posts: 1,419 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    venomx said:
    Ported my number across from EE to ID today, and had the SMS to say it is complete.
    However, the EE sim card is still active ( maybe it will cancel in a few days )

AND. The ID Mobile speeds are dreadful. Sometimes I get less than 1Megabit per second. Any ideas ?  Phone is a iPhone 11 and with EE my speeds were always above 50megabit.

ID have good coverage in my area for 4G according to their checker

Thanks
    You can't always rely on the checkers the best thing to do before you take out a mobile contract  is to ask someone what there signal is like or just get a payg sim and try
    30 day contracts you can always cancel and move to a different network.
    Nobody is Perfect. I am Nobody, therefore I am Perfect.
    :)
  • venomx
    Options
    Thanks for the reply. I am in a contract for another 16 months or so. I'll see what  the signal is like outside my home this week.
    Speeds of 1megabit per second is a disgrace. No way should anyones speed be that slow, I live in a built up area too.
  • PHK
    PHK Posts: 1,285 Forumite
    Options
    The host network for ID is congested in several areas I visit, so I'm not surprised that you are getting such low speeds. 

Having said that you've gone from a premium to a budget supplier so must expect a less premium service. But not that bad. 

Regarding the port, you should contact ID as the EE SIM should have gone dead first of all. It may be that you have what's called a split port.
  • ps2mint
    ps2mint Posts: 62 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    ID mobile’s service has degraded a lot over the last 6 months. I left them as the mast in the town where I live (three’s responsibility) has been down for 6 months and still hasn’t been fixed.
  • PHK
    PHK Posts: 1,285 Forumite
    Options
    ps2mint said:
    ID mobile’s service has degraded a lot over the last 6 months. I left them as the mast in the town where I live (three’s responsibility) has been down for 6 months and still hasn’t been fixed.
    We have a mast that has been shown as under maintenance on the status checker for coming up to two years. Consequently it's heavily congested and no sign of 5G. 
  • venomx
    edited 23 March at 5:52PM
    Options
    Thanks for the info guys.
    I decided to try Lyca out ( with their eSIM ) and the speeds are insanely different.

On iD at home I would get about 1 megabit at times... with Lyca I am getting a minimum of 40mb and have seen highs of 200mb in city centre. Only thing with Lyca is that the ping is quite high at times on speedtest, doesn't seem to affect much though so I am happy to run a dual sim setup and use Lyca solely for the data(4g)
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback