Cash ISA with Virgin Money

Options
If Nationwide are buying Virgin Money how come I cannot benefit from the one year fixed rate that Virgin money are offering which is better than Nationwide because I dont have an account with Virgin money 

Comments

• xylophone
    xylophone Posts: 44,436 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Nationwide doesn't yet own VM .......and may never....and even if the deal goes through, services/products/ membership may not be integrated...

Had you considered opening a current account with VM?
  • MissHap
    MissHap Posts: 67 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Had you considered opening a current account with VM?.............................

Did that 3 weeks ago and STILL waiting for Virgin to allow me to transfer £20k!!
    Well, I'm not waiting any longer, I'll purchase the ISA elsewhere!!
  • VKE
    VKE Posts: 126 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    MissHap said:
    Had you considered opening a current account with VM?.............................

Did that 3 weeks ago and STILL waiting for Virgin to allow me to transfer £20k!!
    Well, I'm not waiting any longer, I'll purchase the ISA elsewhere!!
    I don't understand why you've had the issue you've had; did you speak to VM to see if they could shed any light?

In order for my partner to open the 1yr Fixed Cash ISA 5.25% he:
    1: Sunday he opened a VM Current account; still awaiting card but has account details including Customer No
    2: Tuesday he applied for the above ISA for 23/24 tax year which was approved and opened within 10 minutes and visible in the VM app and funded with £1 minutes later and then fully funded later that day
    3: This evening he will open another VM ISA which he won't fund until after 5/4/24 for 24/25 tax year like I have already done myself

• MissHap
    MissHap Posts: 67 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    On day 1 I too opened my account and had my account details including account number.
    5 days later I tried to access said account to transfer money for the ISA purchase, it wont let me and I don't feel inclined to sit hanging on the telephone to find the answer.
    Opening an account anywhere else wouldn't cause me so much hassle so I'll take my business elsewhere.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback