Bankruptcy and credit score

Options
I am into my 7th year of bankruptcy. When will this be deleted by credit agencies?
Since my bankruptcy I have never defaulted on any bills.

Comments

• cymruchris
    cymruchris Posts: 5,233 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    dottyden said:
    I am into my 7th year of bankruptcy. When will this be deleted by credit agencies?
    Since my bankruptcy I have never defaulted on any bills.

Was it a regular UK bankruptcy where you fully co-operated with the receivers, and was automatically discharged after 1 year? or were there any complications?
    An ex-bankrupt on a journey of recovery. Feel free to send me a DM reference credit building credit cards from the usual suspects :) Happy to help others going through what I've been through!
  • sourcrates
    sourcrates Posts: 28,888 Ambassador
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Should have been automatically removed after 6 years.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Debt free wannabe, Credit file and ratings, and Bankruptcy and living with it boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.For free non-judgemental debt advice, contact either Stepchange, National Debtline, or CitizensAdviceBureaux.Link to SOA Calculator- https://www.stoozing.com/soa.php The "provit letter" is here-https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/2607247/letter-when-you-know-nothing-about-about-the-debt-aka-prove-it-letter
  • dottyden
    dottyden Posts: 10 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    It was a straight forward bankruptcy and I fully co-operated 
  • dottyden
    Options
    Source ates
    That's what I thought too.
  • cymruchris
    Options
    dottyden said:
    It was a straight forward bankruptcy and I fully co-operated 
    Did you check you were discharged at the 12 month point?

What date is attributed to the actual bankrupcty on your credit files? Does it reflect the actual date you went bankrupt?

An ex-bankrupt on a journey of recovery. Feel free to send me a DM reference credit building credit cards from the usual suspects :) Happy to help others going through what I've been through!
  • dottyden
    Options
    2018 on my credit report,  but it was actually 2019 by my crediors.
    I was officially discharged after a year
  • cymruchris
    Options
    dottyden said:
    2018 on my credit report,  but it was actually 2019 by my crediors.
    I was officially discharged after a year

Just to be clear -

Are you saying that you went bankrupt on (for example) 1st August 2018 - but your creditors have recorded it as 1st of August 2019? Is it exactly the same date 1 year apart - or also a different date?

Have you still got your original bankruptcy order paperwork?
  • dottyden
    Options
    December2018 bankruptcy filed, then creditors says default in Feb 2019.  Can't find the official papers.
  • cymruchris
    Options
    dottyden said:
    December2018 bankruptcy filed, then creditors says default in Feb 2019.  Can't find the official papers.

Defaulting on accounts isn't related to bankruptcy - they aren't the same thing. A default is usually placed when you stop paying an account - and bankruptcy is a one-off event to write off applicable debts. 

However, any defaults you have should be dated on or before your bankruptcy date.This isn't an automated process though, it's possible that dates will differ across all of your accounts. At the time of your bankruptcy did you inform all of your account providers with the date you were made bankrupt?

Usually at discharge - it's recommended that if any data on your reports is wrong to get it corrected. Do you still have your bankruptcy number/date/court details?

The bankruptcy itself will be listed under 'Public information' on your CRA reports - the same place you'll also find any CCJ's. Has it gone from there? It should have done by now.

• dottyden
    Options
    I did not report I was made bankruptcy to my creditors as I assumed the bankruptcy order would cover this.
    My bankruptcy was in December 2018 and default notices were in February 2019 as reported on Clear Score.
    Could you please tell me how/who to contact to rectify the dates?
    I cannot find my bankruptcy notification letter
    Thank you.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport