Ultrafast 900Mbps Broadband at Fixed Price, Superb Customer Service & 12 month contract on Openreach

Options
Might be helpful to others. I found an excellent broadband package online direct from a broadband provider on the Openreach Full Fibre (FTTP/FTTH) network who has an excellent customer service reputation and reviews (ISPreview is a good resource for this). 12 months contract, fixed price (no price rises during the contract), price stays the same after the contract ends and goes to rolling, Gigabit speed and top notch customer service from my experience so far. Aquiss currently offer an Online offer price with 6 months half price as well.

Provider: Aquiss Internet
Product: Ultrafast Pure Full Fibre 1000
Price: £55 a month with first 6 months half price at £27.50. Average monthly price is £41.25
Contract length: 12 months
No price rises during contract.
No price rise after contract ends.
Excellent customer service. 
Family run business based in Shropshire providing broadband since 2005. 

You use your own Router which is very simple to set up (Aquiss send you the instructions of what to type in on the Set up page of your Router in advance)! I was setting up a new Mesh system (one of the nodes will be a Router) from scratch in any case. Took about 5 minutes at most. Basic Routers (e.g. a decent Wifi 6 Asus, TP Link etc Router) are available for around £35-50 one off cost from places like Amazon, Currys, Argos, etc and will often be far superior to those currently provided at time of writing by most of the large broadband ISPs as well. 

By comparison, at time of writing (on ISPreviews, only IDNet on the below list has a high customer service review rating like Aquiss followed by perhaps Zen) on the Openreach network:

Sky are 18 month contracts with a potential price increase starting this year (starts at £43 a month)
TalkTalk are 18 month contracts with CPI based increases (starts at £45 a month).
Vodafone is a 24 month contract with CPI based increases (starts at £39 a month).
BT have a 12 or 24 month contract with a CPI based increase next year in 2025 (starts at £61 or £54 a month respectively) 
Zen have a fixed price 18 month contract (starts at £55 a month).
If anyone needs shorter term broadband, you could try IDNet which has 30 day rolling contract (starts at £66 a month). 

The price on these other providers may go up when the contract ends as well.

Anyone interested in Gigabit broadband on Openreach, I'd recommend checking out Aquiss. 

Hope that helps.

Comments

• OrbitHeadache
    OrbitHeadache Posts: 265 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Who would need internet that is that quick?

And this price is so expensive especially considering you can get full fibre from other providers for alot less even with price increases

I have Virgin 350mb and will pay £27pm when the price increase comes in.

Once contract finishes will threaten to leave and they will give me a better deal 
  • teddysmum
    teddysmum Posts: 9,471 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options

And this price is so expensive especially considering you can get full fibre from other providers for alot less even with price increases

Once contract finishes will threaten to leave and they will give me a better deal 

I always thought Virgin were mean with deals and never tried them as the cease fee rises it's head. Sky used to be good, until one year they refused any deals, so I moved to helpful Plusnet, who are the real meany, now.

The call staff state that they cannot give me an offer I received, last month, with availability until 29th of this month.Clicking  the offer in the mailing brings it up on my member page and suggests looking at call packages, but my current one has free calls and the 'current' list says I have inclusive calls, but won't let me return to the offer

The last call centre person said that they were told they couldn't give free calls because phone lines are going, but the offer was made by their publicity people, who were ill informed and should have , but I say that they should not be able to jump out of an offer tendered. They said that the system would not let them process the offer as they were not given an option box for what was the Anytime package. The system seems quite happy to let us take a shorter term offer but pay for what was once the Anytime package, but I don't see how, as even pretending to take the latest offer gives the dead end choice of Anytime, followed by buffering.

Trusting the offer, which is in writing (and snipped to my pictures file) I left enquiring until now with only two weeks to contract end, thinking it would prevent the horrific mess made, by overcharging (of course) where contracts overlapped, in the past, so now have very little, probably not enough time to sort something out.

• HaroldWhistler
    HaroldWhistler Posts: 96 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options

You do realise that there are many many many parts of the country that are not under the Virgin network right? Right?

I did clearly state in my post and in the title reference to Openreach based Full Fibre internet. There are other wholesale providers like CityFibre, B4RN, Hyperoptic etc, but those tend to be at time of writing regional based. The largest wholesale provider nationwide at present is Openreach. Any property can only get broadband products from providers that have actually installed infrastructure in their area. 

As for speed, that is a personal choice depending on the needs of the individual household/business in question. If you can point out where "you can get full fibre from other providers for a lot less even with price increases" on the Openreach network, then please do point that out. I also highlighted customer service as being a big factor as well AND listed other prices from other providers (like for like) for comparison. Please read things properly before replying with such comments.

teddysmum said:

I always thought Virgin were mean with deals and never tried them as the cease fee rises it's head. Sky used to be good, until one year they refused any deals, so I moved to helpful Plusnet, who are the real meany, now.

The call staff state that they cannot give me an offer I received, last month, with availability until 29th of this month.Clicking  the offer in the mailing brings it up on my member page and suggests looking at call packages, but my current one has free calls and the 'current' list says I have inclusive calls, but won't let me return to the offer

The last call centre person said that they were told they couldn't give free calls because phone lines are going, but the offer was made by their publicity people, who were ill informed and should have , but I say that they should not be able to jump out of an offer tendered. They said that the system would not let them process the offer as they were not given an option box for what was the Anytime package. The system seems quite happy to let us take a shorter term offer but pay for what was once the Anytime package, but I don't see how, as even pretending to take the latest offer gives the dead end choice of Anytime, followed by buffering.

Trusting the offer, which is in writing (and snipped to my pictures file) I left enquiring until now with only two weeks to contract end, thinking it would prevent the horrific mess made, by overcharging (of course) where contracts overlapped, in the past, so now have very little, probably not enough time to sort something out.

Yes a lot of them give glib talk when selling. The moment the sale has been made, their customer service seems to disappear. Getting through to a human in their organisation can itself be a challenge whilst the price rises and contract lengths and general customer service leave a lot to be desired. 

If you are in an Openreach area and can get Full Fibre, Aquiss are superb. 

For those who want a lower speed, there is also IDNet which I referred to in my post above. IDNet also have a high customer service rating (according to ISPreview). If nothing else, then BT do actually have 12 month contracts (albeit at a higher price) which is at least shorter than some of the others. 

If not in a Full Fibre area, then another option is simply to go to 4G broadband until Full Fibre becomes available. You can get an Unlimited Data SIM on a 30 day or 12 month contract from a mobile provider (or MNVO like Lebara for example) with a strong signal in your area and either pop that into a little Mifi device or Router that has a SIM input. 
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback