Can I post Attendance Allowance form to a REAL address?

Options
2»

Comments

• Spoonie_Turtle
    Spoonie_Turtle Posts: 8,486 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    I see absolutely no reason a form must be handwritten, that's absolutely ridiculous. 

I have no experience with AA but - if the computer form isn't suitable - surely she could print the scans out, attach the answers from them as numbered additional sheets, then write in the boxes 'see page X'.  Other members who have experience with AA will be able to confirm or correct. 

(For my DWP forms I type up the answers, print them off and attach, especially since for PIP you have to use the exact form they send because the codes on it are personalised.)
  • poppy12345
    poppy12345 Posts: 18,043 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    I appreciate that once it hits the DWP that it can still get lost.  But with Special Delivery the mail goes via a different route to normal post (or even recorded signed for), it is handled separately every step of the way through the Royal Mail process, which means it has a better chance of at least arriving to the destination and not getting lost. 

Where did you get that from?  it's not correct. It's handled in the same way as any other mail going to DWP. It will be signed for in bulk by someone from Royal Mail sorting office and not someone from DWP. 

All you need is proof you sent it, with proof of posting as advised above. When sending anything to DWP you should always keep a copy for yourself, this way you will have a copy to send again if it does get lost. 
    Special Delivery is definitely handed through a separate process, that's the whole point of that service, and why it costs more. I cannot find a 'formal' confirmation of this, but if you search online it is confirmed in an awful lot of places e.g. https://www.royalmailchat.co.uk/community/viewtopic.php?t=104991

Proof it was sent doesn't help though does it, unfortunately. That won't make the DWP conjure up the form! As I've said, I realise that even if delivered safely it could still go AWOL at the DWP end, and there is nothing we can do to mitigate against that. But at least Special Delivery would minimise the chance of it going astray en-route.

My mum did take a scan of the form prior to sending, but the DWP is saying this is not acceptable to just print and re-send, it must be handwritten again on another form :-( 
    I disagree, this doesn't apply to mail going to DWP. 
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback