Excess LPG delivered

Options
Having become accustomed to calor gas' horrendous customer service I thought I would come here before I begin talking to them about this issue, for viewpoints on how to approach this.

Calor gas charge me an atrocious 77ppl and as a consequence I have had to restrict my gas usage. The heating is rarely on and I was without gas altogether during the coldest part of this winter. I order 600l a time which puts me at about 25% of my tank,as this is the most I can afford to find money for.

This weekend they delivered a full tank. I have screenshots of the 600l order on their site as confirmation but they are now billing me for a full tank. 

I cannot afford a full tank but even if I could I am absolutely loathe to pay for a full tank of gas I do not need at an extortionate price, as we come into spring/summer having spent the winter freezing. 

Does anyone have any experience of this? Any thoughts on if I have to pay for something I have not ordered? I'd be more than happy for them to take it back. Basically what might options be here and how should I approach them? 

Comments

• QrizB
    QrizB Posts: 13,822 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    Options
    Ask them to take the excess back, and tell them you're not going to pay for their error.
    When does your contract end?
    N. Hampshire, he/him. Octopus Go elec & Tracker gas / Shell BB / Lyca mobi. Ripple Kirk Hill member.
    2.72kWp PV facing SSW installed Jan 2012. 11 x 247w panels, 3.6kw inverter. 30MWh generated, long-term average 2.6 Os.
    Taking a break, hope to be back eventually.
    Ofgem cap table, Ofgem cap explainer. Economy 7 cap explainer. Gas vs E7 vs peak elec heating costs.
  • adviceseeker77
    Options
    QrizB said:
    Ask them to take the excess back, and tell them you're not going to pay for their error.
    When does your contract end?
    I've been out of any fixed term contract with them for quite a while but no other firm will take us on because of the location of a tree  so we're stuck with them and they won't move on price. It is an underground tank and we are renting for context
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback