Virgin Media Contract

Options
I have been with Virgin Media for 18 months, my contract ends in three days and I have been trying to inform them that I don't want to renew my contract on three occasions.  The offers they have come up with are still too expensive.  I have tried to speak to someone, but can only communicate with them via "chat" or on WhatsApp.  They have informed me that despite my contract ending, I still have to give them 30 days notice of cancellation.  How can that be legal?

Comments

• la531983
    la531983 Posts: 1,866 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Because its in the terms you agreed to. You should have told them 30 days before the 18 months was up.
  • littleboo
    littleboo Posts: 1,502 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    edited 17 March at 5:39PM
    Options
    It wasn't an 18 month contract, it was an 18 month minimum term after which it goes to a rolling 30 days.This is normal others the service would just stop if you did nothing, which is not what most would want to happen.
  • Petriix
    Petriix Posts: 2,060 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Can't you just call 150 from your land-line? Normally you just tell them that you're giving your 30 day notice and refuse any offer they give you on the day, then you wait for them to call you back with a better offer. 
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback