BA flight from Orlando

Options
Hi, I had a flight back from Orlando last Thursday (unfortunately on business) which BA had to cancel due to a fualt on the plane after we had been on the plane for about 2 hrs. We were told that due to the small staff at Orlando we would have to book our own emergency accommodation and transport and claim back. No issue but the replacement flight the following day was then delayed from 16:00 until after 21:00. So when I was putting in my claim via the BA website I claimed once for the cancelled flight and once for the delayed flight but since then it's just been radio silence from BA. 

Is there any way to chase the claim rather than the chatbot just telling me that it is in a queue

Comments

• eskbanker
    eskbanker Posts: 31,076 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Hi, I had a flight back from Orlando last Thursday (unfortunately on business) which BA had to cancel due to a fualt on the plane after we had been on the plane for about 2 hrs. We were told that due to the small staff at Orlando we would have to book our own emergency accommodation and transport and claim back. No issue but the replacement flight the following day was then delayed from 16:00 until after 21:00. So when I was putting in my claim via the BA website I claimed once for the cancelled flight and once for the delayed flight but since then it's just been radio silence from BA. 

Is there any way to chase the claim rather than the chatbot just telling me that it is in a queue
    You should be prepared to measure response times in weeks or maybe months rather than days, I'm afraid!
  • On-the-coast
    On-the-coast Posts: 414 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I think BA would classify this as one incident not two. 
    Back in 2017 I was in the USA on business on an AAL flight from London that got me to my destination about 6hrs late due to a technical failure.  
    I logged my claim (via AAL) the next day &
    I had my 600 euro (I think) compensation in my bank account before I returned home 2 weeks later.   So things can move quickly if the fault is definitely within the airline’s control rather than weather or a medical emergency etc. 
  • mdann52
    mdann52 Posts: 74 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    What was the replacement flight number the following day?

You need to work out if this was a delay or a cancellation and rebook. BA usually delays flights for 24h under these circumstances
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback