Not used Allowance ?

Options
Foxyuk13
Foxyuk13 Posts: 9 Forumite
First Anniversary First Post
edited 16 March at 10:00AM in ISAs & tax-free savings
hi guys sorry for stupid question.    Can i put in 20k on the 3rd April  then another 20k in 6th April. into same one year fixed account rate.    although separate tax years.         never had isa b4

Comments

• ColdIron
    ColdIron Posts: 9,054 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    It can depend on the ISA, which one is it?
  • Foxyuk13
    Foxyuk13 Posts: 9 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    ColdIron said:
    It can depend on the ISA, which one is it?

just looking at moment any suggestions ?
  • Veteransaver
    Veteransaver Posts: 480 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Usually you can, unless the ISA closes to new money in between opening it and and the 6th April. Normally they stay open for 14 days at least.
    If not just open a different ISA, either with same provider or with someone else.
  • Qyburn
    Qyburn Posts: 2,304 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    Virgin 5.25 "exclusive" accepts deposits for up to 30 days after they stop offering the account. Note it matures 31/03/2025 irrespective of when you open or pay into it. 
  • soulsaver
    soulsaver Posts: 5,976 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Qyburn said:
    Virgin 5.25 "exclusive" accepts deposits for up to 30 days after they stop offering the account. Note it matures 31/03/2025 irrespective of when you open or pay into it. 
    OP'll need a VM current account to apply for it - so need to get a wiggle on if they want that option before April 6.
  • Qyburn
    Options
    soulsaver said:
    Qyburn said:
    OP'll need a VM current account to apply for it - so need to get a wiggle on if they want that option before April 6.
    When i did it in 2022 .. current account application 08/11/2022, ISA opened next day 09/11/2022, transfer in from Paragon completed 10/11/2022.
  • soulsaver
    Options
    Qyburn said:
    soulsaver said:
    Qyburn said:
    When i did it in 2022 .. current account application 08/11/2022, ISA opened next day 09/11/2022, transfer in from Paragon completed 10/11/2022.
    That may be relevant if end of the tax year, ISA season and Easter all happened in November... 
  • Qyburn
    Options
    If you're that pessimistic then just open any cash ISA with your existing bank, get your 20k in today. Then transfer to your chosen account in your own time.

Having said that my timeline, in November, would have allowed this year's money to be paid in on the second working day. From today there are 14 till the cut off.
  • soulsaver
    edited 18 March at 11:51AM
    Options
    I'm not pessimistic, just realistic.

I'm just filling in the info that you omitted: If your plan is to open VMs exclusive ISA fix before  April you'll need to get a move on to open the mandatory current account and they may ask for proof of ID etc.

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback