flight delayed - moved two airports!

Options

Hi, little back story our flight couldn’t take off due to high winds at Leeds, delayed for 2.50 min then bussed to Manchester airport, our new plane then couldn’t land at Manchester airport, we were then bussed to Liverpool! arrived at our destination over 11 hours after our original arrival time. 
as we left Leeds flights started taking off, our plane was on the ground in Leeds and actually took off to another destination earlier than our flight did from Liverpool, why move us.

i totally understand our original flight was delayed due to weather and i wouldn’t have an issue but we were moved by bus to two further airports, does anyone know if Ryanair can use "adverse weather" for all the delays or do we have a valid claim?

TIA
Joe

Comments

• eskbanker
    eskbanker Posts: 31,076 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    It's easy to tell with hindsight what might have been a better option, but the key issue really is whether the airline's actions were a reasonable response to circumstances known at the time.

Why was the replacement aircraft unable to land at Manchester?

I strongly suspect that the claim would be rejected, but there's only one way to find out....
  • la531983
    la531983 Posts: 1,863 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper
    edited 15 March at 1:34PM
    Options
    There is no valid claim here imo. If it was the week I think it was many Northern airports had major issues wth high winds,
  • joe_88
    joe_88 Posts: 13 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    eskbanker said:
    It's easy to tell with hindsight what might have been a better option, but the key issue really is whether the airline's actions were a reasonable response to circumstances known at the time.

Why was the replacement aircraft unable to land at Manchester?

I strongly suspect that the claim would be rejected, but there's only one way to find out....
    No official reason reason given however there was weather disruption at manchester, but the plane didnt attempt to land it turned back round half way and flew back to luton, (planes were landing at manchester). Our plane that landed at liverpool for us came from dublin.

Currently awaiting a decision from the Aviation ADR, ryanair have answered and they have only mentioned and given evidence regarding the delays in leeds. May i also add that the our plane that was at leeds was later used that day at 15.00 to tavel  to another destination, why didnt they keep us at leeds, we didnt take off from liverpool till 19.40.
  • unforeseen
    unforeseen Posts: 7,284 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    May i also add that the our plane that was at leeds was later used that day at 15.00 to tavel  to another destination, why didnt they keep us at leeds, we didnt take off from liverpool till 19.40.

Possibly a flying hours problem. Crew had sufficient time to do a short flight from Leeds but not your flight. Dublin flight had sufficient hours left for your flight.
  • joe_88
    Options
    May i also add that the our plane that was at leeds was later used that day at 15.00 to tavel  to another destination, why didnt they keep us at leeds, we didnt take off from liverpool till 19.40.

Possibly a flying hours problem. Crew had sufficient time to do a short flight from Leeds but not your flight. Dublin flight had sufficient hours left for your flight.
    Thanks for your reply Unforeseen, our flight was from leeds-Dublin so crew should of had sufficent time, would this be a valid point for the ADR to consider? why didnt we sit and wait at leeds?
  • eskbanker
    Options
    joe_88 said:
    why didnt they keep us at leeds
    joe_88 said:
    why didnt we sit and wait at leeds?
    I appreciate that that was effectively a rhetorical question, but my point was that you can now see with hindsight that this may have been the best option, but at the time, faced with bad weather and presumably an adverse forecast, the first rerouting (without knowledge that a second may be needed, given that planes were landing in Manchester) may have been the most sensible decision.  Presumably Ryanair will have made this point in their Aviation ADR submission?
  • joe_88
    Options
    eskbanker said:
     Presumably Ryanair will have made this point in their Aviation ADR submission?
    Nope, they only addressed the delay at leeds. no mention at all about the delay at manchester and then the change and further delay at liverpool. 
  • eskbanker
    Options
    joe_88 said:
    eskbanker said:
     Presumably Ryanair will have made this point in their Aviation ADR submission?
    Nope, they only addressed the delay at leeds. no mention at all about the delay at manchester and then the change and further delay at liverpool. 
    I think you may have misunderstood my post - I wasn't commenting on whether they'd addressed issues at the other airports, but was simply highlighting that I'd have expected them to have given some sort of explanation of the rationale for not leaving you in Leeds in the first place (i.e. the question you were asking above), based on information known at the time.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback