Unwanted Call

Options
theshed
theshed Posts: 223 Forumite
Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
edited 13 March at 11:04AM in Mobiles
Received a call today from  [Removed by Forum Team], lady said she was from Call Guardian UK and asked did I get many unwanted call ?
I said hers was the first !
She went on to say as I was already registered, I was eligible for an upgrade to stop all unwanted calls ?
Didn't bother to listen anymore. I just said yes I was happy to stop unwanted calls.
Thank You. Bye.
I am with TPS, so wonder did they find my name & number there ?
We did previously have BT phones with Call Guardian which I thought was great. Got very few spam calls but Wife did not like as it stopped her getting calls she wanted.  🤔

Comments

• Browntoa
    Browntoa Posts: 49,302 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Random spam

They would try to sell you a "privacy" device or service 
    Ex forum ambassador

Long term forum member
  • Robin9
    Robin9 Posts: 12,106 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    edited 12 March at 10:20PM
    Options
    TPS  is a purely a voluntary system -  the good boys will take part, the bad boys won't.

I don't understand your wife's reservations - once a friend has rung you change the setting to accept on all occasions.  

Never pay on an estimated bill
  • theshed
    theshed Posts: 223 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Wife didn't like as her employer uses a withheld number, bonus in my opinion  !
    For some reason her Bank was linked to house phone and not mobile,  so if they needed to call with passcode it was rejected.
  • LeesArt
    LeesArt Posts: 207 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    I don't answer calls from caller ID withheld or from numbers not in my contact list, if it is someone important they will leave a message.

After the call I google the number to find it is listed as a spammer on sites like who called me and I then block the number.

By not answering my number gets taken off their lists because that is the purpose of those machines that auto call.

If I make a mistake and answer I usually decide to wind up the caller, a bit like the scambaiter videos on YouTube, it is surprising how quickly one can trigger them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bPTHiiKV_3Y

I don't give my number to any suppliers except my mobile phone company of course, but I change my preferences immediately.

As a result I get very few unsolicited calls, probably a couple a year.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback