Virgin broadband annual price increase

Options
Hi all!

I signed the contract with Virgin in March 2023 for 18 months. I've just got a letter of price increase saying "As per your contract's T&Cs, there's no separate right to cancel your contract because of this price rise"

I checked the T&Cs that they sent when I signed up (dated "From 1 September 2022") and it says 

"Subject to the exceptions explained below, if we do any of these things and the changes are not exclusively to your benefit, we will notify you of this and inform you of your right to cancel this agreement without paying an early disconnection fee by giving us notice in accordance with Section N."

The T&Cs on their website (dated from February 2024) include the Annual price adjustment clause.

What is your opinion on the matter, can I freely cancel the contract due to the price increase?

Many thanks for the help in advance!

Comments

• ididgetwhereiamtoday
    Options
    Didn’t they send updated terms last summer? That was the last point you could leave without penalty. 
  • Karolka
    Karolka Posts: 71 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Didn’t they send updated terms last summer? That was the last point you could leave without penalty. 
    I don't recall receieving this.. Do you know if it was by post or email? 
  • Karolka
    Karolka Posts: 71 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Found the email thank you ididgetwhereiamtoday
  • marty12
    marty12 Posts: 20 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Hi just spoke to virgin media about changing my package tv broadband and phone. I have time left on my contract and with the 8% increase it is going up to £78 a month they wouldn't haggle the price and its £100 early disconnect fee, if I lose the tv service and change the contract to broadband and phone they want over £100 a month so I'm staying put at the moment as I need the broadband speed and phone, as the mobile reception in my house is poor at times, unfortunately no other provider in my area can match virgin at the moment, or I would have changed and paid the fee, I feel virgin are using their dominance to keep the prices high and customers are funding the special deals for new applicant's. I feel the price rises should only be at the end of the contract and renewals      
  • frosch411
    frosch411 Posts: 87 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi forumites😊

VM emailed me today regarding the annual April price rises.
    A bit confused tbh as I recently renewed on 25th or 26th Feb. I was given a new contract, and the chat agent provided the following:

This matches their website info (https://www.virginmedia.com/help/prices) which states:

I am therefore confused as to whether I can ignore the email or need to have another conversation with VM on this.
    Have others on a similar situation also received this email today?

Thanks for your input 😊
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure