Confused by 'Residential UG partial Direct In Ground' term

Options
Hi all,

Looking to get full fibre broadband to my home. Currently have copper wiring at a grey box on the outside of our home. Trooli have said they can install us next week, but I went on the BT Broadband Checker site and it said this about our connection:

Our records show the following FTTP network service information for these premises:-Single Dwelling Unit Residential UG partial Direct In Ground.

Does this mean there's no existing ducting for the fibre cable?

I've attached an image. Essentially, I can see there's a Toby box directly opposite our house. I've drawn a line to explain where the fibre cable would need to travel from the Toby box.

Is it possible the 'partial' element is that there is ducting underneath the driveway and it's direct in ground within our front garden?

I'm just loathed to touch the driveway, especially as it's a shared one with 3 other houses to our right.

Any nuggets of expert info would be greatly appreciated!

Comments

• iniltous
    iniltous Posts: 3,121 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    edited 8 March at 5:46PM
    Options
    Why are you checking the BT DSL checker to get the information if using ( or considering using ) Troolli , they are not an Openreach based provider , so although they may use PIA ( physical infrastructure access ) to leech onto Openreach that’s of limited use in areas where cables are buried directly in the ground, or , they may build a completely separate network and not use Openreach assets at all , even if usable Openreach infrastructure exists.

Is the Toby  box you indicate a Trooli one ? ( it doesn’t look like an Openreach one ) , if it is , then obviously from that point to your house wall needs an excavation, and TBH if that tarmac area is shared you won’t necessarily have the right to grant permission to dig it up (  the property deeds may need to be consulted ) 

On a more general level , Openreach survey note ‘ partial direct in ground’  means there is no Openreach duct to the property , typically housing built in the 1960’s through to the early 1990’s will be using this 
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback