Business Flight Delay

Options
Quick one (hopefully) - I was travelling for business and my flights booked and paid for by my companies travel service.

One of my connecting flights was delayedby more than 4 hours (leaving an EU airport) and so resulted in my arrival at 3am instead of 1030pm.  This meant I had just 3 hours sleep before having to leave for meetings. 

Obviously the impact was on myself so would I receive the compensation?  I have submitted the request via the resolver tool but am concerned they might just partially refund to the company when it was my sanity/health that was affected and so should be compensated for.

Has anyone experienced similar?

Comments

• Caz3121
    Caz3121 Posts: 15,546 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    it is the passenger that was affected that receives the compensation not the person who paid for the flight
  • DullGreyGuy
    DullGreyGuy Posts: 10,464 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    am concerned they might just partially refund to the company when it was my sanity/health that was affected and so should be compensated for.

You say it was stressful so think you get the compensation but did you perform at 100% given the lack of sleep and stress? Doesn't the company deserve compensation given they didnt get what they hoped for from their investment?

Thankfully for you it's the traveller thats due compensation not the booker. 
  • Westin
    Westin Posts: 5,944 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
     I have submitted the request via the resolver tool ”

I think you might be better off using the airline’s process for claiming for delay compensation. Have you looked on their website for a claims form?
  • PragmaticMoneySaver
    PragmaticMoneySaver Posts: 97 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    edited 8 March at 10:10AM
    Options
    Thanks for the replies, really useful :)
    am concerned they might just partially refund to the company when it was my sanity/health that was affected and so should be compensated for.

You say it was stressful so think you get the compensation but did you perform at 100% given the lack of sleep and stress? Doesn't the company deserve compensation given they didnt get what they hoped for from their investment?

Thankfully for you it's the traveller thats due compensation not the booker. 
    I did perform at 100% and carried out my duties as planned; I was wiped the following day though due to lack of sleep and cancelled a social engagement that I had paid for as a result.

I think you might be better off using the airline’s process for claiming for delay compensation. Have you looked on their website for a claims form?
    I did look but the airline seemed to just want you to email which the resolver process did as well - so hopefully will get the same result. Have already had an acknowledgment by email.
  • PragmaticMoneySaver
    Options
    Just to update, Royal Jordanian were very efficient and I have received the compensation paid already with zero hassle!
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback