🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Santander reclaim for car loan

Options
I sent off the letter from MoneySavingExpert too Santander customerrelations email address. I didn’t have a confirmation email to say they received it. 
I sent it on the 7th February and it’s now the 7th March. 
Anyone else received nothing back? 

Comments

• Nasqueron
    Nasqueron Posts: 9,085 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    The DCA consultation put everything on hold until end of September

You might as well put your feet up until then
  • Camcam68
    Camcam68 Posts: 3 Newbie
    First Post
    Options
    My wife and I have both sent emails ton 9th Feb to Santander relating to car finance we had through them for 5 different cars.

They have responded to us both. They confirmed 4 agreements did not have DCA applied and 1 did have DCA applied.

Responses were received just a few days. 
  • Nannyto3
    Nannyto3 Posts: 6 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I sent my email to Santander on 11th February relating to car finance for one car agreement.

I have just received a reply from Santander (8th March) stating that yes, a DCA agreement was in place between Santander and the Credit Broker - and they also quoted a second agreement that I had not enquired about.

They have forwarded my email and complaint to their Commissions dept to log my complaint,  and will begin to investigate the commission arrangements that were in place. 

They finish off with 'Please note that as a result of the Financial Conduct Authority’s pause on complaints handling in connection with DCAs, we won’t be able to provide you with final responses until 25th September 2024 at the earliest'
  • Nasqueron
    Nasqueron Posts: 9,085 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Nannyto3 said:
    I sent my email to Santander on 11th February relating to car finance for one car agreement.

I have just received a reply from Santander (8th March) stating that yes, a DCA agreement was in place between Santander and the Credit Broker - and they also quoted a second agreement that I had not enquired about.

They have forwarded my email and complaint to their Commissions dept to log my complaint,  and will begin to investigate the commission arrangements that were in place. 

They finish off with 'Please note that as a result of the Financial Conduct Authority’s pause on complaints handling in connection with DCAs, we won’t be able to provide you with final responses until 25th September 2024 at the earliest'
    They won't begin to do anything by the way - the FCA may come back in October time and say DCA was fine and nobody gets anything (unlikely but possible) - once they have a ruling they will start to look into any cases that had DCA and see if the rate was inflated or not.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 9 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure