DCA - 28 days just expired

Options
roadhog99
roadhog99 Posts: 6 Forumite
First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
edited 8 March at 10:43AM in Reclaim car finance
Hi all

I submitted a DCA enquiry email to BMW Finance on 7th February using the tool here. The 28 days expired yesterday and so far I've had no response, not even an acknowledgement of my email. I know Martin has said the companies are inundated. However, I know he's also said he's been assured that they will at least provide an acknowledgment. 

I assume that as the wording in the email states it should be treated as a data subject access request under GDPR, I could potentially complain to the ICO. However, I'm interested to see what others have done. Or, if there is a "correct" way to approach this in the context of this?

Many thanks.

Comments

• Nasqueron
    Nasqueron Posts: 8,998 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 7 March at 1:22PM
    Options
    You should post on the correct forum for this

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/categories/reclaim-car-finance

I believe in the case of BMW they have said (mentioned on another thread) they are not treating it as a DSAR as it's related to DCA inquiry which is on hold until end of September 

I am not sure why MSE have told people to submit DSAR, you don't need this to raise a complaint about DCA. 

Martin is right about being inundated - that is the problem with his shout now, think later approach to this. Firms are going to pass on the admin costs to you and me in the future - most did not use this model but potentially millions of people are sending spurious complaints in, most of whom were not affected by this, meaning a large backlog which will all sit on the pile until end of September.

One or two firms are being proactive and shutting down these complaints as they didn't use it
  • dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,598 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
     I know Martin has said the companies are inundated. However, I know he's also said he's been assured that they will at least provide an acknowledgment. 
    Martin is not handling this issue very well.   Its harming consumers rather than empowering them.

I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • MSE_ForumTeam5
    MSE_ForumTeam5 Posts: 1,018 Community Admin
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    Options
    We've moved this to the appropriate board
    Official MSE Forum Team member. Please use the 'report' button to alert us to problem posts, or email forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback