Interest rate discrepancy.

Options
Car loan was taken out in December 2019. Amount of finance was £3027 and on order form this was due to be repaid in 47 instalments of £75.95 & 1 of £76.93 at APR 9.8%. Total payable £3645.64.
Subsequent statements from lender state that the loan was payable over 60 months ' & £78.82 at 21% per annum. Total payable  £4729.20. 
At no time was this 'discrepancy' i.e. when the 'deal' changed, pointed out by the car dealership.
How should this issue be addressed? Through the dealership or the finance company?

Comments

• Nearlyold
    Nearlyold Posts: 2,300 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Is the higher interest loan from the same finance company as the lower interest loan you were originally quoted. What rate is on the Finance Agreement you signed and were given a copy of by the dealership?

It's possible you weren't accepted for the lower rate for whatever reason however the dealer should have made the change in rate clear to you. 
  • dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,598 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Are you comparing a sample quote with the actual outcome?  Often people get multiple quotes and you may have just kept one of the older ones.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback