Once 28 days is up..

Options
I sent my letter 28 days ago using the MSE template and have only had an auto-reply from VW saying they will get back to me in 21 days.

This was also 21 days ago.

Does anyone know what to do if you haven't had a reply either way?

Comments

• Nasqueron
    Nasqueron Posts: 9,007 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Some firms are simply confirming they didn't use it so no further action needed, others are just sticking the letters on a pile until after the FCA finishes.

What to do - wait until after September and the FCA review and then you will know if affected people are getting a refund and if so, what it amounts to. 
  • dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,603 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Does anyone know what to do if you haven't had a reply either way?
    you do nothing for the next 7-12 months.

I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • rockyphil
    rockyphil Posts: 9 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Nasqueron said:
    Some firms are simply confirming they didn't use it so no further action needed, others are just sticking the letters on a pile until after the FCA finishes.

What to do - wait until after September and the FCA review and then you will know if affected people are getting a refund and if so, what it amounts to. 
    So would you send it again when the FCA review is done or will they get back to me on their own accord? 

Just strange I’ve not had a reply.
  • Nasqueron
    Nasqueron Posts: 9,007 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    rockyphil said:
    Nasqueron said:

So would you send it again when the FCA review is done or will they get back to me on their own accord? 

Just strange I’ve not had a reply.
    I wouldn't do anything until September. FCA might say there was nothing wrong at all and you get 0. All you are doing, which unfortunately MSE has recommended people to do for some reason, is generating admin costs for the firms which they will pass onto customers in the future
  • dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,603 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    This is what the FCA review is looking at.
    a) is there actually an issue there to begin with. 
    b) who is affected if there is (rumours already going around that the FCA are focusing on second hand car sales with this and not new car sales)
    c) should those involved have to proactively deal with this or be reactive.

MSE is not being very consumer focused at the moment by encouraging people to put complaints in now which drives up costs for firms, even if the firm hasn't done a single thing wrong.   Whereas after September, we will know what the FCA has said, what needs to be done, who is and isn't affected etc and it can be done then.

I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback