Moto Nova Stalling

Options
Hi,

After sending off Martins claim form to MOTO NOVA with all the details, they have now just come back to me asking for all the details again as they could not find me. However I logged into Moto Nova website and there I was. Seems to me to be a stalling tactic so they can say they replied in a timely fashion.

Has anyone else had this yet?

Comments

• Nearlyold
    Nearlyold Posts: 2,300 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 6 March at 11:04AM
    Options
    They'll be deluged by the number of complaints and seeing as nothing further is going to happen until at least September when the FCA review is due to be concluded I doubt whether they have got some scheme in place to pretend they couldn't find you as they could just as easily send you a letter confirming they were parking the complaint.
  • born_again
    born_again Posts: 14,710 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    newmun100 said:
    Hi,

After sending off Martins claim form to MOTO NOVA with all the details, they have now just come back to me asking for all the details again as they could not find me. However I logged into Moto Nova website and there I was. Seems to me to be a stalling tactic so they can say they replied in a timely fashion.

Has anyone else had this yet?
    Not quite sure where stalling comes in. As nothing is decided if there is ever going to be any pay outs.

We plan to set out next steps on this issue in Q3 2024.

https://www.fca.org.uk/news/statements/fca-undertake-work-motor-finance-market
    Life in the slow lane
  • AllezWiggo
    AllezWiggo Posts: 3 Newbie
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I got exactly the same.  Day 28 since I emailed them using the MSE template and they responded with a "we can't find you" theme and asked for al the details I'd already provided.
  • dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,601 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Why do you think that is stalling when they don't even need to attempt to find you until after September?

Resolver doesn't always transmit the data in a readable format for some firms.  It is also treated as a third party complaint method rather than direct complaint method.  

I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback